McCain Surrogate Pwned

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 30, 2008.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If this is the best the McCain campaign can do at this late date, they ought to just close it down. Just pathetic.

Props to Rick Sanchez for not letting these guys come on and speak crap without being able to back it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5OTQUe397I

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

3. toontra macrumors 6502

The Republican machine back-fires one again thanks to the Gotcha Media.

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

When somebody talks baseless bollocks, keep handing them more rope.

It's going to be fun watching the Republican Party tear itself apart over the coming years.

5. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

Reminds me of Austin Powers 2 - WHOSE NUMBER 2! WHOSE NUMBER 2!

Although I still cant believe that the election result will be as good as we're lead to believe, assuming BA Barack-us wins, the 'publicans will be where the British Tory party was in 1997, lurching from left to right, trying to find some relevancy.

6. toontra macrumors 6502

I was about to post the same thing. The Tory party imploded and made themselves unelectable for a decade. If Palin is seen as being any part of the Republican future then I can see the same thing happening in the US.

7. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Uh-huh.

Just look at this graph from fivethirtyeight.com:

[​IMG]
    Immediately after Palin's acceptance speech at the RNC, the curve swooped down in McCain territory. As soon as Palin opened her mouth unscripted a few days later, it shot right back up in the Obama lane and kept going and going. Yeah, Tina Fey and the economy helped too, but man... that is one massive rejection of Palin.

What the GOP badly needs is to attract female voters, because women are a stronghold for the Dems. And women h-a-t-e Palin, her favorability rating among women was something like 25% last time I checked.

The only thing she's good for is energizing anti-intellectual, gun-toting evangelical Christians, and republican cavemen who haven't gotten laid in 15 years.

In other words, I hope they do make Palin their new mascot, that'll keep the GOP out of the White House for at least two terms.

8. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

Is there a British equivalent of Palin? I'm trying to think. I dont think anyone that asinine would get very far in British politics, I'm glad to say.

But assuming B.A. Barackus wins, what will the republicans do? Are they going to compete with the centre? Or shift even more right-wards? Interesting, and slightly frightening.

9. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Well, we do have one in Swedish politics: Mona Sahlin.
    Yup, the name even rhymes.

[​IMG]

She's the leader of Socialdemokraterna, the Swedish equivalent of UK's Labor. In some ways, she's the opposite of Palin: Leftist, atheist, environmentalist. But she has the same naivité, the same folksy and anti-intellectual approach, the same love for Joe Sixpack and the same mind-numbing incompetence, and she's an expert at mangling the Swedish language and losing herself in sentences to nowhere. And she was elected party leader because she's a woman -- nothing else.

10. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    ok, that was one of the funniest implosions i've seen.

if you're gonna make an accusation-be prepared to back it up.

thanks for the link.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

oh come on, proof of allegations (rediculus ones at that) are a liberal view!

that damn liberal media always wanting substance instead of lies:mad:

12. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    My wife was just bringing up this exchange and laughing about it.

--After watching it, however, it seems pretty clear Goldfarb is intending to imply "Rev. Wright" as the 2nd "anti-semitic" example, and felt fairly comfortable refusing to mention the name, rather than putting out another example he could actually talk about. I'd agree that it backfired on him if most people think he simply didn't know another example.

He just wanted SANCHEZ to say the example, because he, Goldfarb, had a muzzle on him. Of course, Rev. Wright is no more "anti-semitic" for liking Louis Farrakhan, than Sarah Palin is for attending churches that make anti-semitic comments from the pulpit right before she gets up to speak. But... that's the inept game being played. Rev. Wright's a dope, but I still feel sorry he caught himself in the wheels of the GOP attack machine (and like any dope, felt the need to get up and vindicate himself... even choosing to say a favorable interview, like the one with Bill Moyers, was "censored"... oy). It's been amazing this campaign season how politicians can INVENT "bad people" and "saints" out of thin air (Rev. Wright and Joe the Plumber). Crazy world.

~ CB

13. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Does anyone have a clue to the identity of the anti semite that "we all know Obama pals around with"?
    I can't believe this guy runs McClueless's campaign.
    No wonder it smacks of McCarthyism.

14. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Scroll up.

~ CB

15. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Of course, that makes as much sense as the rest of the interview.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That clip is great. The guy comes across like one of those miscreants on Cops, making feeble excuses to the police on how he really didn't commit the crime. And he's just as convincing.

17. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yeah, it's clear that everyone in the McCain camp is itching to bring up Rev. Wright, and equally clear that they have a strict organization-wide policy of not opening that can of worms. They can't attack him without indirectly implicating Wright's particular segment of the religious community.

18. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

It was interesting that Sanchez was doing a fairly convincing Chris Mathews impression. Is he always like that?

~ CB

19. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

hmm... I don't recall any anti-Semitic comments from Rev. Wright. He said something negative about Israel, as I remember, but that's not anti-Semitic.

20. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Exactly correct, however Rev. Wright has a close and public friendship with Louis Farrakhan, who's anti-semitic remarks are infamous (calling Jews a "gutter religion"), and who's church bulletin in July of 2007 published a Pro-Hamas article by one Mousa Abu Marzook (who has been labeled a "Specially Designated Terrorist" by the U.S. Treasury department). Is Wright anti-semitic? Of course not. But with friends like these, people get to play association pinball all day long.

~ CB

21. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I'm shocked sometimes by how easy these association games work on people. I would hazard a guess that most people have complex relationships with friends or family members that sometimes involve fundamental conflicts of values and beliefs.

22. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Indeed. In fact, I would go a step further and say that those most able to foment understanding and reconciliation begin with a base appreciation for the perspectives of all parties and differing points-of-view. --But, people like the lightning without the thunder. They want bipartisanship without compromise. Righteousness without condemnation. Peace without communion. It's unnervingly simple-minded games like that that brings us to where the world is today.

With any hope, the alien invasion will begin soon enough, and forgoing the possibility of colonization and complete annihilation, the Earth can unite in the face of adversity, and we can begin the final moves towards the global currency and world government that will see us into deep-space and an eventual galactic federation.

Oh, but the waiting...

~ CB :p

23. jplan2008 macrumors regular

The crazy part was that the McCain guy was asserting that a personal relationship was more damning than contributions. I only give money to organizations I agree with/believe in, but have been to meetings and have had different kinds of personal relationships with all sorts of people and groups.

(This is an issue that I don't find damning anyway, since I'm not in agreement with US policy towards Israel, and it's perfectly possible for someone to speak out against Israeli occupation without being anti-semitic. But Obama is in favor of continuing our policy.)

24. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Amen to that. Palin in 2012! That would guarantee that Obama would win a second term.

25. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

This was similar to McCain stumping himself on Meet the Press.