McCain Transition Chief and Saddam Hussein

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jplan2008, Oct 14, 2008.

1. jplan2008 macrumors regular

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Who's more likely to pal around with Saddam? John McCain or B. Hussein Obama???

Seriously, I don't see much of a story here, doubt it'll gain much traction. If it had happened to Obama, Fox News would have to create another channel to flail around over it.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I don't have the patience to read such a long story right now but upon seeing the first post, my first reaction was that he hired another lobbyist.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

if nothing else, this will give Obama something to return fire with if McCain screws up the courage to actually accuse Obama of associating with Ayers to Obama's face tomorrow night. So far, McCain has not managed to find the courage to say to Obama's face what he says about him behind his back.

If guilt by association is going to be McCain's gambit, he's going to be taking pretty heavy return fire.

I have a suspicion McCain will go there tomorrow night. Why not? He's got nothing to lose at this point -- except his honor, which is already slipping through his fingers.

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Well, I'm going to go with neither since Saddam is dead. ;)

Plus, that statement is like saying I am more likely to be friends with someone named Abigail just because my name is... Abigail... :eek: :p

McCain said he would. Link

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

He also promised to "take the gloves off" before the last debate. Whereupon he proceeded to leave them on. ;)

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

No, no, no. He took them off in the last debate! There were just softer ones underneath. :D