McCain volunteer claims attacker cut 'B' into face - Hoax

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 24, 2008.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Link

Another link

If true, this is truly reprehensible. Doubts are being cast as to the authenticity of her reports.

Seems a little too convenient for my tastes. A McCain campaign volunteer. Refused medical attention. Her Twitter entry (see second link). Police now requesting a polygraph.

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

So was this a drive up ATM? the guy was checking out her pumper sticker and saw it while standing NEXT to the car? He knocked her down into the car?

I don't get it. :confused:

Edit: I followed all the links and read more. Man, she looks totally messed up, hopefully she will recover soon. :(
    Nobody should walk up to an ATM that late at night in a neighborhood they don't know, when you can drive up.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Her story is riddled with inconsistencies. The B is mirror-flipped; I've seen the pics. It's like it was lightly scratched onto the skin. We were talking about it here last night but another thread on this desperate woman seems appropriate as a reflection of the flailing state of the right wing.

Bill O'Reilly thinks it's a fake. Even Michelle Malkin, conservative commentator thinks it's a fake. But this is how deranged some on the right are:

:D

As though a street robber, having supposedly scored a quick $60 is going to hang around in a busy street in Pittsburgh, after seeing a bumper sticker (this claim from the McCain campaign office) and then force her to the ground where he can cut a B into someone's face? Absurd.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The attacker, a "6'4" 200lb Black man", apparently was incredibly delicate in his "carving", using a 5" knife and not even drawing any blood. What a ridiculous story. She got a hell of a shiner considering she was punched in the back of the head...

5. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The more I read about it, the more I doubt her story. The backwards B could be explained by taking the pic with an iSight, no?

The "carving" looks way too neat.

Here's the pic.

[​IMG]

6. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Ok, so I am confused. She got assaulted but everybody thinks the campaign claim and the B are fake? or the whole assault is in question now? :confused:

7. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Link

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

That is strange bruising too actually. It's such a charcoal grey tone, usually when a bruise is that dark there will be swelling and blue/purple hues to it. (which later turn yellow and fade away) I've had a few shiners in my time.

And if you get a hit in the back of the head and get bruising around the eyes that can mean a skull fracture and a person does need medical care for that.

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

That's a stretch. :D

She claimed the attacker was sitting on her chest, yet draws a reversed 'B'?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08298/922489-470.stm

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2008/10/24/attack/

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Wouldn't it have made more sense to carve an "O"?

11. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

From Newsday

Now if you watch this news report, it leads you to believe there were several security cams around. Look at the 11pm time stamped one.

http://kdka.com/video?id=47849@kdka.dayport.com

12. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

They're getting so desperate, they're cutting themselves! I'm sorry- this is just absolutely insane.

And BTW- don't all ATMs have security cams?

14. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Her "B" face is bad enough. I'd hate to see her "O" face. :p

15. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

If her story is ultimately proven true, it will be viewed as the act of a lone, crazy attacker with no ties to the Obama campaign.

If her story is ultimately proven false, it will be viewed as the act of the McCain campaign with strong ties to the lone, crazy woman.

16. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

You all assume that a guy who mugs people is literate enough to etch the letter B properly :D

SLC

17. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Weird story. I guess what they say is true, desperate times call for desperate measures. :rolleyes:

18. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

19. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

It almost looks as if she found something she were allergic to and delicately drew it on with a toothpick or something (in the mirror).

Of course, if it's legit, I hope she's okay, but I certainly smell something.

20. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Leave it to FOX News :rolleyes:

Effin' racist pigs.

21. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Mike Nifong should be hired to get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, Jesse Jackson should offer to pay the rest of her college tuition regardless of the outcome of the investigation.

22. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Pittsburgh Woman Allegedly Mugged at ATM -- National Implications Possible

23. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

OMG! Are these guys for real? :eek:

24. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

They lost me the minute they wrote "ATM machine."