McCain "Weve got them just where we want them"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

2. iGary Guest

iGary

The last debate sealed his fate. He's going to lose.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Preaching from the rump and to the rump, I'd say.

4. yoppie macrumors 6502a

This is the song that never ends.
    It just goes on and on my friends.
    Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was,
    and they'll keep on signing it, forever just because...
    this is the song that never ends.

:p

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It does indeed all seem to be going swimmingly for him. http://up.*************/files/1/Images/Smilies/WTF.gif

6. Queso macrumors G4

Didn't he say before the second debate "the gloves are coming off"....and look how that turned out. All that man has to offer is nationalistic rhetoric. I'm actually surprised he's doing as well in the polls as he is.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He's doing about as bad as you can. No candidate has ever polled as low as he has this close to the election. According to the "experts", you can't poll lower than the low 40s as that is the party's base.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Actually, my Looney Tunes analogy, while good, was not the best one for the McCain campaign.

This is a much more appropriate description of McCain's campaign at this point.

'Tis but a scratch! :D

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Not saying you're wrong, but it's never over until the fat lady sings.

Personally, I think that it will be a close one and that we will not know for sure until the election results are in.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Is Diebold involved?

11. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I agree. As much as I want Obama to win, it's not over until it's over.

The Republicans are a ruthless bunch. They may claim to be Christians but they've proven they're not above stealing.

12. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

This 'raising taxes' thing is becoming really old, really fast. It's really patronising to think that the American public are going to fall for it.

I do believe that it's going to be closer than it currently appear, though. I hope Obama can give it that final push.

13. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
  14. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Windbag. It's a disgrace that this guy is running for any office whatsoever, let alone the presidency of a country of 300 million.

In my puny country of 9 million, a country that has been at peace for 200 years (we stayed out of both World Wars) and has no enemies and no real responsibilities toward or power over the rest of the world, a party leader has to lay out his plans in intricate detail during an election campaign. In a debate, he/she needs to tell us exactly what he plans to do, and when, and there is no detail too small. How many law enforcement officers will you hire in the next 4 years? Break it down by year, please. What will your energy tax rates be? Break it down by CO2, gasoline, diesel and electricity please.
    Whoever wins the election will be held accountable for every single promise made before the election, and typically we can follow the progress on the government's website, e.g. "3-step income tax cut, phases 1 and 2 completed, phase 3 scheduled for July, 2009."

OK, so I tune in to watch the McCain-Obama debate to see how the BIG boys do it. They want to run the biggest economy in the world, they sure must be knowledgeable. And this is how McCain responds to pretty much any question asked:

"Sure, I know how to do that."
    "I can fix that."
    "My friends, you know I know how to do that."
    "We'll work that out."
    "I know how to get America working again."
    "I know how to fix this economy."
    "I know how to handle these, these... cris.. es"
    "I'll get Osama Bin Laden, my friends. I'll get him. I know how to get him. I'll get him. No matter what."

So... you're supposed to just take his word for it? After 25 years in politics, these are the answers he's come up with? What kind of pathetic banana republic is the US anyway? He wants you to write a blank check, and nearly half the country will vote for him?

I wouldn't trust McCain to run a burger joint!

15. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Not the best choice of words, unless that "new economic plan" he was working on over the weekend involves repealing the 13th Amendment.

16. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

What, the whipping thing?
    How do you figure?

[​IMG]

17. MacTraveller macrumors regular

Crack that whip
    Give the past the slip
    Step on a crack
    Break your mommas back

When a problem comes along
    You must whip it
    Before the cream sits out too long
    You must whip it
    When somethings going wrong
    You must whip it

Now whip it
    Into shape
    Shape it up
    Get straight
    Go forward
    Move ahead
    Try to detect it
    Its not too late
    To whip it
    Whip it good

18. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

It's funny... it's almost as if McCain is trying to lose. o_O

19. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I don't suppose we could be this lucky, but maybe by 'turnaround' the McCain campaign means they are retreating. :eek:

20. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Actually, I have an insane conspiracy theory on that. It's the little part of me that I know just makes stuff up and while sort of grounded in reality that part tends to take things to the extreme. At any rate it goes something like this.

John McCain after being defeated in 2000, and watching Kerry get defeated in 2004 decides he's very disappointed in the path that politics has taken in the couple decades. So he decides to run for president by cozying up to a wildly unpopular administration, and somehow manages to win the nomination. From there he manages to pick a woefully unqualified running mate (mere weeks after Rove was blasting Tim Kaine for being a mayor turned Governor and not having enough experience) and run almost exclusively attack ads with little or no truth behind them. His rallies become hate filled and he has to, in effect, endorse his opponent.

After losing he plans to come clean and expose the media for their sheer stupidity and lack of responsibility in calling his campaign out and reporting the "truth" and completely lambasting the system that managed to put him so close to the White House despite doing almost everything that he views as wrong in politics.

Of course as always I have to dismiss such theories but they're mildly fun to contemplate for short periods of time (and they give me an excuse to wear my tin foil hat).

21. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Some thoughts from the devil's advocate...

I hope Obama has a plan B if the economy recovers over the next couple of weeks, because right now he's placed all his eggs in the economy basket.

Needless to say, the economy hasn't even begun to recover just because Wall Street has a few good days, but there's a lot of stupid people out there who will think that the crisis was a temporary glitch, and McCain can't wait to take that lie and run with it. "You see, my friends? My opponent tried to distract you by injecting fear about the economy. He thrives on hopelessness. But we all know, my friends, that the economy was just a distraction to divert your attention from the fact that my opponent cohorts with domestic terr'rists who hate America!"

Right now, Obama is starting to sound like a broken record too. If he keeps doing that while McCain completely shifts tactics, the table may turn. The media has more to gain if the race is tight, and it may just happen that they will grow tired of bashing McCain-Palin and switch to a "McCain - the comeback kid" narrative to make the race a little more exciting and profitable.

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I dunno.. some of that same American Public still believe that Obama is an Arab, despite being told by Obama himself, McCain himself, and being linked to a Baptist preacher.

That same American Public will only believe what they want to hear, despite their candidate saying otherwise..

BL.

23. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yup. They swallow those lies, hook, bait, line and sinker. And these are the same people who thought Baghdad Bob was funny...