McCain's Ads: You know you've gone too far when Rove complains.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by atszyman, Sep 14, 2008.

1. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

link

Good God! How low do you have to go to get Rove complaining that you've gone too far.

Of course he's tried to hit Obama with the same criticism, but we'd expect that even if this was the cleanest election on the planet with every add 100% factual with nothing but the issues being discussed.

It says a lot when the mastermind who managed to take down 3 veterans to get Bush into office twice, thinks you've gone a little too far.

Edit:Link with Video

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

What a fantastic gift Rove has just delivered to the Obama campaign. They should put that quote in an ad and run it with the byline "When even Karl Rove thinks you're lying too much, you really are running the most despicable campaign in modern times."

3. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

could someone post a link to what ad rove was talking about?
    if you go to youtube then click channels at the top, then click YouChoose on the left the you can go to McCain's youtube channel.

4. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

Rove wasn't talking about one particular ad, note that the quote says ads. I'd guess the lipstick on a pig, misrepresenting FactCheck.org, Sex-Ed for Kindergardeners for a start. I'm sure there are others but those were some of the worst.

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Facts don't mean as much as image-management. Otherwise Palin wouldn't be working out so well.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Well, it's official, this election year has fallen into the Twilight Zone.

I'm just not sure how to react: should I drink less or more?

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I fear the only way to synchronise with this particular reality is to take some very poor-quality LSD.

8. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

When I went to bed last night the only thing that kept running through my head was Darth Vader's line "When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

I'm pretty sure that November 4th will involve quite a bit of alcohol for me. I'm either going to be celebrating, or drowning sorrows... either way it's going to require quite a bit of beer...

9. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I can't help but think what his incentive was to say this??...

I mean, he didn't have to. It certainly wasn't guilt, he's lied many times before...
    Perhaps he believes this will keep him from going to hell?

10. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

I think it's an effort to drag Obama down. There's no denying that McCain's ads have bent the truth more than a little, and he's being called out on it by quite a few places. But if Rove comes on and says that McCain's ads have gone to far and so have Obama's, he gains a small bit of credibility for speaking a truth (no matter how much it must hurt him to utter the truth) and somehow pulls Obama down by making Obama's ads sound as bad as McCain's by association.

11. Motley macrumors 6502

I'm already getting the Simpson's Kent Brockman clip on democracy ready:(

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Odd then that he still seems to be taking Rove's advice. Pretty bad when even Fox News gets in on the McCain backlash. I'm hoping they don't keep going with the worst ones, like calling Obama uppity, but it would serve them right if they lose because they do. It would be sad if they work, and only cause to keep doing them.

If anyone caught SNL this weekend, or the clip linked to in another thread, there was a part where Kristen Wiig's character mentioned that Bush won after slamming McCain in '00, so he keeps going with the same type of thing. :(