McCain's Mob: Inciting HATE on the campaign trail

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Prof., Oct 18, 2008.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I found a disturbing and downright scary video that shows the hate Sarah Palin and McCain supporters are spreading throughout the campaign trail.

I can't believe how ignorant some McCain supporters can be.

Video

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's merely what the Republican Party has been sowing for so long. Now they get to reap. And these are the very same people who will tell you to your face they aren't racists. Whatever.

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

In my opinion Sarah Palin should have been arrested for conspiracy to incite violence a long time ago. And I believe according to the "Patriot Act" that's the description of a "terrorist".

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

What's scariest about all of this is what these people will do after Obama is elected. There will be a large portion of this country that thinks our president is a terrorist and traitor. What will they do then?

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I say let them talk as much as they want. Their ugliness is a huge turnoff and only helping Obama.

6. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

There is a lot more videos like this on youtube and such. I'm deeply worried by the racist and almost violent undertones generated by McCain/Palin supporters.

Here is another video of some McCain/Palin supporters. Maybe they've found a particular bunch of nutters, but nonetheless dangerous words.

Similar to what it5five said, if Obama is elected there is a risk of re-creating massive splits in parts of the country or parts of society...

To be fair, McCain did try to calm supporters down somewhat(although he got booed), despite it being his own problem he was then trying to fix, but it seems Palin especially is really bringing out the worst in some places and some people.

7. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

I wouldn't actually be all that surprised to hear "Wir mussen die juden ausrotten". :(

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You mean like how Bush divided the entire country? Obama being elected couldn't even come close to what that man did. And if it does make some people angry- good. That's on them- and they'll have to live with it. I see no reason to placate racists and hate-mongers for the sake of "keeping the peace".

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

These people are scary. They actually believe this ***** and can't see it for the rhetoric it is. How sad for America.

10. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I don't think anyone was proposing that. And I'm not suggesting that Obama would be divisive and split the country. I'm suggesting that the McCain campaign is being divisive, and that there will be consequences of his campaigns actions when it is all over.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- and there's nothing more fun than watching racists writhe in turmoil! :D

12. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I certainly hope so.

13. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Oh please, you actually think these people are that smart? :rolleyes: :eek:

14. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Nothing like successful black people to piss them off. :D

15. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

I agree, in no way was i suggesting forfeiting progress and unity for the majority to avoid splits occurring, i was just saying.

16. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

They're authoritarians. It's what they do.

What surprises me is that there are so many liberal people who still believe that folks like this are rational people who simply disagree over the interpretation of facts.

Liberals really need to stop believing this and recognize these folks for the irrational danger that they are.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Agreed. I'm glad this had happened. Now moderate Republicans can no longer deny what these people have done to their party. You play with this kind of fire and this is what you get.

18. aethelbert macrumors 601

And for every hateful thing that one side does, the other side needs an answer. I've seen defacing of property at homes with McCain/Palin signs in lawns around here. If you go to another neighborhood, you'll see the same thing with Obama signs. For every negative comment that I hear from a "republican," I probably hear another from a "democrat." I really hope that nobody here is convinced that the hate is only coming from one side, because it isn't. It's a dirty campaign from both sides, despite all of those planned "we won't attack the other guy for any reason" tactics. Sure Obama has it easy on that note right now; he doesn't need the negativity because he's ahead. Yet we've seen it from him already (as well as the McCain campaign). The next day's polls can easily change that; we've got a good few weeks to go.

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

These must be the family values they keep telling us they have.

We're going to witness a rebirth of the right-wing extremist militia after 8 years of dormancy. We'll be lucky if there's not another Oklahoma City event before Obama leaves office.

20. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Show me one picture/video/whatever of an Obama supporter with a McCain effigy in a noose in a front yard. Then you can come in and whine about how both campaigns and their supporters are equally dirty. Until then, you have absolutely no case. Supporters actions not included, you can't even say both campaign are equally dirty. Show me one statement/video of Obama suggesting McCain or Palin is a terrorist.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Thank you. I'm sorry, but the Republicans pretty much have won the "hate" title.

22. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

And they've had that title for quite a while now. The only Republican defense to any of this is, "well, both sides do it". Instead of trying to justify their actions by lying about what "the other side" does, they should be condemning the actions of their own party. Their unwillingness to stand against the hate in their party is quite telling.

23. jplan2008 macrumors regular

I don't think the comparisons you're making are relevant. There are hateful and even violent people of all political persuasions. I don't hold the candidate responsible for their supporters' actions except where those actions are ignored or even defended, or they are official party-sponsored actions and statements. (like the California GOP website saying "waterboard Obama") Obama didn't say he wouldn't attack McCain on the issues -- he said he wouldn't make character attacks, and he said he wouldn't involve families. He has lived up to that.

The media and watch groups compare an attack on McCain's health care plan to an attack on Obama as a person. Again, there's no comparison IMO. If I slash someone's tires because they have a McCain bumper sticker (I wouldn't), Obama has nothing to do with that. If McCain asks "Who is Barack Obama?" and a supporter shouts "terrorist!" and McCain looks first surprised, then smiles and ignores the shout (this is one instance where McCain clearly at the moment heard the shout), he is responsible. If he defends even more serious shouts at his rallies, he is responsible.

When Obama's supporters in front of him have booed Hillary or McCain, Obama has consistently stopped them. If they boo a policy or statement by an opponent, he usually lets that go. His message is it's o.k. to be against the policy, but not the person. McCain's message is the opposite -- we can't win on the issues, so let's attack the person.

24. aethelbert macrumors 601

There's a difference between ignoring something and defending it. I applaud Obama for telling his supporters that a respectful race can be ran, but I've also seen many of his speeches at political rallies be interjected by smears from the crowds. If you're gonna call John McCain hateful, at least find a place where he himself is so (there are plenty, citing this video is a bad example): not where he ignores someone else's hateful actions.

And the last time I checked, this thread's title is about his "mob," not himself.

So one has to hang a dummy or call another a terrorist (which to clarify was his supporters, not the campaign) to have a dirty campaign? I guess this is squeaky clean. Sorry, but I don't go through youtube with a fine-tooth comb searching for political smears. I don't really care to what extreme the supporters are negative, fact is that they are. Defacing property is probably more illegal than hanging a fake body. One campaign may very well be less bad, but they're both still bad.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You need to at least recognize that there is a huge difference between one side calling the other "selfish", when the other side is calling for the other's death. You can't ignore what's going on here. There's a huge difference between the two.