McClatchy: US drops more bombs in Obama’s final year of office than in 2015

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Note: Striked, because it is lies. Obama has armed, trained, and protected Islamic State/ISIS: H.R. 6504

US drops more bombs in Obama’s final year of office than in 2015

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article124842824.html

The U.S. dropped 26,171 bombs last year, 3,027 more than 2015.

According to an analysis of Defense Department data from the Council on Foreign Relations, a non-partisan think tank, the majority of the bombs were dropped in Iraq and Syria. The U.S. leads an international coalition fighting the Islamic State group in both countries and has carried out air operations in attempt to reduce the area controlled by the terrorist organization.

Nearly the same amount of bombs were dropped in Syria (12,192) and Iraq (12,095) last year.​

2. aaronvan, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016. What a bloody end to Obama's reign

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/09/america-dropped-26171-bombs-2016-obama-legacy

Attached Files:

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Jess are you a fan of the Black Sabbath song "war pigs"? Just curious

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

"Generals gathered in their masses/Just like witches at black masses."

Those two lines don't rhyme, they end with the same friggin' word.

Always bugged me.

6. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

So, you want cheap oil, and to be wealthy and important as a country, but you don't want to know how it is done.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

8. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

No, it's not.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

He was elected twice. Sure looks like dems had no problem , hell anti war left has been nowhere to be seen last 8 years

10. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

As I always say, don't get perfect get in the way of progress. He was terrible with war, but he was great for numerous other issues (domestic issues such as healthcare, education, the economy, research, and civil rights). He was also way better than either alternatives put up the GOP. In sum, he was more good than bad.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that war criminal signed indefinite detention w/o trial into law.. settling for the "lesser" evil is how we got to where we are today.

12. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

So what are you advocating for? Are you saying we should have gone for the greater of two evils?

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yes,Cthulhu.
    how the **** are we ever going to get "change" if you keep voting supporting endorsing POS worthless morons simply because they have that magic "D" or "R" for that matter next to their name? Hillary flat out rigged the primaries and you guys reward her with, tada, your vote. that only sends the message that they can do as they please and YOU will still vote for them because OMG the other side is "evil" :rolleyes:

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

And any other President would have done it differently? Okay .....:cool:

15. 5684697, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

deflection is noted.
    [​IMG]

17. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I didn't use the word "evil," you did. So not sure why you're putting it in quotes now.

I agree with you in general, and you know how a third-party candidate stands the best chance of success? Getting rid of electoral college.

Until then, only worthless morons with a magic D or R are the only ones that will ever be in charge. And yes, in that binary decision, I will go for the less bad of the two every time because going for the worst of the two is idiotic.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well, democrats going for the WORSE the democrats had to offer got us the worse the republicans had to offer, congratulations we all lose.

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Where's all that oil Bush went in and and got for us from Iraq?

20. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

No argument there. Clinton was a totally flawed candidate. I don't like to speculate about what could have been, because there was just too many variables to account for, but I do believe that Bernie would have done much better.

I'm mad at the DNC. I'm mad they haven't stood up to Obama's war atrocities. I'm mad they failed to see that Clinton was a bad candidate. I'm mad they have been completely dropping the ball on messaging for 6+ years. I'm mad they've been turning their backs on unions and working-class folks. I'm mad they, in general, have no guts to push the ball forward on real progressive change.

That said, there is no other party that comes even close to aligning for me. The libertarian party is appealing, but they have some super conservative opinions about the role of government that I totally disagree with and I think is completely untenable. The green party is also appealing, but it's led by a total idiot right now and they're economic viewpoints are a too radical for me. The GOP is a clustercluck of religious moralists, big corporate lobbyists, and tea party hipocrits. So no, that won't work.

DNC, with all its faults of which there are many, seems the be the sanest party with the right balance of optimism and realism. So I stick with it, though it is hard to do so at times.

21. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Really. I'd love to know how these armchair statesmen would use diplomacy with ISIL.

22. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Sure, make it sound like there was an attack every 20 minutes for 8 years. :rolleyes:

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

sure, pretend he did not spend 8 years waging war & dropping bombs......

24. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

If you Google "years the US has not been at war" you get this:

Since 1776, America has been at war 222 out of 239 years.

So how are the last 8 years different than the last 240

25. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

If that was Obama's style, then Netanyahu wouldn't have such a difficult time war mongering.