McDonalds Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

An interesting article showing that even McDonalds is replacing white-collar business majors in accounting with low cost H-1B visa employees.

The proposed TPP agreement can be used to eliminate restrictions on H-1B visas so it will be interesting what happens if they manage to get that passed.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

thank you trump.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

McDonalds, where fast food is 20 minutes sitting in the drive thru.

4. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 604

Plutonius

It's interesting that support for TPP doesn't go down party lines.

Trump was always against it.
    Hillary was initially for it but is now against it.
    Bernie was always against it.
    Most (if not all) of the other Republicans in the primary were for it.
    Obama is for it.

5. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

There is no provision in the Trans Pacific Partnership that in any way alters US immigration or labor law, including the number or scope of H-1B visas issued. Control over that will remain with the US Congress.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

If Hillary loses or wins with a narrow majority, it will be because the American working class is done with the oligarchy screwing them over with corporate outsourcing, offshoring, globalist trade deals, and lax to nonexistent enforcement of immigration laws.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Get out of your car and walk in. Lazy Americans.

9. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 604

Plutonius

If the drive up lines are long, I walk-in.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

uh....Source?

11. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 604

Plutonius

The Investor-State Dispute Mechanism allows any foreign company to challenge an immigration law, policy, or practice that cuts into profits.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That's true...but it's completely open ended.

America just had to abandon it's meat labeling due to a $2+billion a year ruling by the ISDS. How in the world are you spinning this mechanism to be a good thing?

13. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Great - nothing like giving away American jobs to foreigners. Excellent idea.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

You must not have been in McDonald's in awhile.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

True. But Americans have to realize that the world is different than 15 years ago. Cheap labor is disappearing and it will disappear as immigration, outsourcing, and automation will increase. For this specific reason I am seriously pissed about the state of American education. I can't, and I really mean I can't, stand when I am told that Alaska is South of Hawaii. I can't accept that an American teenager doesn't know who Napoleon Bonaparte is. I can't stand that some people think that Nixon is running for the 2016 elections. And I can't stand that there is absolutely no financial and economics education other than the "save for college". Let alone studying a second language. As for tech where we should be leaders? Nah, they know how to download Apps, but if you show some VBA code (or even BASIC), they freak out.
    The US will not thrive if we don't modify this.
    You can put all the limitations on H1B's, or on immigration, or on TPP or others. I certainly welcome those limitations, if well implemented. But the reality is that a vast majority of the American population is not ready for the competitive, multi-subject world ahead, and if that isn't changed FAST, then God help us all.

16. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

This is shocking because McDonalds is well known for its dedication to paying high wages.

17. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 604

Plutonius

I'm boycotting Disney because they replaced their IT people with H-!B visas. I will wait to see McDonald's response but I may have to add them to my boycott list.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'd join you but I don't eat that crap. My last visit, except two times to buy coffee, was in 1993.

19. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Us Americans need to get over ourselves. Global corporations are going to hire globally and wherever the labor is cheapest if possible.

And honestly a good percentage of Americans need to stop pursuing computer science degrees if their only reason is thinking that is where the big money is going to be at. Clearly that is not the case if your only aspiration is being a cog in the machine.

I'm actually going to Disneyland next week and it will be awesome. :)

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

but trump uses it in his businesses.

21. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 604

Plutonius

How can he use TPP ? It hasn't been passed yet ?

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

If Trump wins he will promptly walk into the buzzsaw of K street. It's not like Congress is running the country and certainly not like the prez gets to do that on his own, ask the current President.

But Trump's win is a very big "if" indeed, since K street would rather have Clinton win than try to take on a big mouthed antiglobalist president. Watch the late money pour in for the Dem when they think this through.

Once again must add on my "not that I am a fan of Clinton". Still, she may get my anti-Trump vote.

Or I could just try to get deported to Mexico. I wonder if Trump pays our relocation expenses if we help build the Wall and are willing to leave voluntarily. If his beef is that Mexicans take up jobs of Americans, then the beef is really about jobs, no? So if I leave, I take a potential job threat to other Americans with me, what's for him not to like? He should be willing to kick in a little something to pay my way south.

How do you say quarter pounder with cheese in Spanish? maybe I could get a MickeyD's job in Mejico.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That's true anyway. Even if Hilary wins a landslide it will be because Trump is a ****.

24. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Royale with Cheese?

25. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

Dos tacos y cerveza por favor.