Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Adult Happy Meals.. Does that include adult novelties in these meals? The McDebbie.... I could see it. They are desperate to get sales up. :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
The "Adult Happy Meal" sounds great to me. I have for a long time been a salad person. That type of meal wouldentice me to visit McDonalds!

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Smaller portion options would be nice, but the small meal just happens to be a happy meal -- and that Hello Kitty Happy Meal box and toy is just soo degrading.

Bring back the 1.99 Manager's Special (aka Double Cheese, Happy-meal-sized fry, and small drink) that died when they added the $1 Menu ...

Even though it's not as "good a deal" as the lard ass special -- Super Biggie Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meal.

Only thing that can make that 2xQuarter Pounder Meal any healthier is the addition of chili on the burger, cheese fries, and a vat of milkshake mix.

Mmmm...

As McDiners fall into a Homer Simpson-like fat induced coma.

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
They have the right idea about offerring healthier alternatives to their high calorie/high carbohydrate meals, but who goes to Micky D's to eat healthy. I drive about 250 miles a day for my job, so I am very familiar with drive-thru fast food. Have you ever tried to eat a salad and drive at the same time?

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
I usually eat heathy foods that I've brought to work for lunch. But, there are times when I don't having anything (or time to fix) and I have to eat out and I want something fast. Subs are usually the healthiest (if chosen wisely) but I get tired of them.

(Disclaimer: my wife and I love to cook and I'm a food snob. We fix diners that take a long time to make, are healthy and delicious. Our friends think it is bizarre the time we spent preparing meals, but they sure like to come over for diner.)

Try this for a shock. Eat healthy, tasty foods that you prepare yourself for a month. Then eat a Whopper or Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese and fries. You'll be shocked at how 'fatty' they taste.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
yeah i hate that fatty, greasy feeling you get in your mouth after you eat something like that. i was just making some fries the other day (the ones you buy frozen) and they were nice and crispy, but way too much of a fatty aftertaste. you've just got to make sure that you have a salad with a high vinegar content to cut through all the fat. :p

i also like to take lots of time to make good food. you can get so much better food if you just spend a bit more of your time making it, than you can if you buy fast food.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
Stick that in your booklet and eat it!

According to the article an Adult Happy meal would consist of a salad, an exercise booklet and a pedometer. Call me naive if you will but I think that the booklet and pedometer should be given with the Big Mac meals because the people who eat that need the exercise more than the salad eaters.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Re: Stick that in your booklet and eat it!

Originally posted by Sol
According to the article an Adult Happy meal would consist of a salad, an exercise booklet and a pedometer. Call me naive if you will but I think that the exercise and pedometer should be given with the Big Mac meals because the people who eat that need the exercise more than the salad eaters.

haha. that's so true...

not that they'd do anything with them. maybe they'd just think they were food and eat em. ;)

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
something that fooled me. i though it was a better thing than a salad and a pedometer. oh well. this is just to get pople of thier cases i guess.

Danger! Will

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2003
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I love McDonald's. People don't eat there because it's healthy. I eat there because it's fast, cheap, and tastes good. If they want to make new products more power to them. Heck i'd buy that adult happy meal with the salad and pedometer and booklet.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
There have been more articles saying more people are saying No to "Would you like fries with that?"

But it'll bet hard to say that when...
Cheeseburger and Fries, Wrapped Up in One

If the National Cattlemen's Beef Association has its way, beef will not be just for dinner anymore.

Looking to emulate the success of Chicken McNuggets and fried mozzarella sticks, the group is hoping to inject some red meat into the American snack food diet with cheeseburger fries. The fries, which look like a squat version of standard French fries, are made of a meat-and-cheese compound that tastes — as the name suggests — like a cheeseburger.

Breaded, then deep-fried and served with ketchup or barbecue sauce, cheeseburger fries have found their way onto menus in several states including Nebraska, Minnesota and Texas since June. There is also a version being made available to public school cafeterias...

... Like most bar snacks, cheeseburger fries pack quite a dietary wallop. Each individual fry has about 75 calories and four grams of fat. The fries for schools have less beef per serving but still have about 60 calories and, in fact, more fat — a total of 6 grams — in each fry. And nobody eats just one...
Yay :rolleyes:

Healthier school menus. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.