Meanwhile at the Federal Bureau of Incompetence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DearthnVader, Mar 27, 2018.

1. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/26/us/omar-mateen-father-seddique.html

Two mass shootings in FL that have pretty much happened right under the FBI's nose.

Why does the FBI hate FL?

Why does the FBI hate gays?

Why does the FBI hate kids?

Why does the FBI hate legal gun owners?

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

3. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

So you have no problem with the FBI failing to stop two mass shootings?

One that they were tipped too, and failed to forward the tip to the proper field office for fallow up, the other was the son of a decade long informant.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I have a problem with the FBI not following up leads...just as I have a problem with hysterical conclusions and leading questions.

5. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Hysterical? The data clearly shows that the FBI is obviously useless and has more problems than a math book. ????

6. samcraig macrumors P6

You might not have all the data. We might not know why things were pursued or not. I am not justifying the FBI behavior. But I'll wait for more information to be revealed if it is.

For example - a story came out yesterday that questioned Hogg being in school at the school shooting. And the hysterical right and NRA supporters were out with the pitchforks (not literally) - and then it turns out, the entire context wasn't presented and that his quote was about 6pm->, not during the school day.

We just learned/confirmed that the most recent shooter took his own life and was not killed by the guard on duty.

Data relies on context.

7. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

I was hardly being hysterical, maybe hilarious, and since when are we not allowed to ask leading questions?

This isn't a court of law, it's the court of public opinion, and since the media fails to draw connection between these mass shootings and incompetence at the FBI, you might as well get the truth from somewhere.

The truth will set you free, but it's going to piss you off first.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Unless you're Trump - in which case the truth could likely lead to impeachment or worse ;) ;) ;)

9. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Somehow this feels like more fire Mueller Trump cover or maybe it’s anti-gun regulation cover. Am I wrong?

10. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It’s both. This isn’t minority report, you can’t find someone guilty by association. Hindsight is 20/20, but what should we do with strong second amendment supporters who refuse change? They seem to be ok with selectively targeting Muslims, but if an evangelical who seemed violent but had yet to commit a crime was denied a legal gun purchase, there would be cries of outrage. Sure, there may have been signs there, but you can’t stop someone unless they actually do something. Right now, you can go on YouTube and find people spewing hate speech -I’m not talking buzz words or code, I’m talking outright, plain and simple hate speech - while also flaunting guns they own. If these people asssaulted the targets of their speech, it would be easy to say the signs were there, but the constitution allows free speech and the right to arms. They have yet to breach either one of those into crime territory. So, what should be done?

People seem ok to cherry pick the constitution to fit their needs. It doesn’t work that way.

11. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Didn’t the FBI also ignore Russian intelligence about Tsarnaev before the Boston bombing?

12. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

To put this as simply as possible, the words I highlighted in your post are not true.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 27, 2018 ---
    Yes, you are wrong. Here’s how it works:
    I think the FBI totally botched the Nikolas Cruz case and bears some of the responsibility for the shooting.
    I think that has absolutely nothing to do with the Russia investigation.
    See?

13. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Yes, but the motivation seems to be energized by the shadow of new gun regulations. With millions of guns, possibly millions of tips, maybe our law enforcement and/or the FBI needs to be expanded tenfold to try to deal with all the armed citizens who are a little crazy?

14. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Are you saying that there are so many Nikolas Cruz’s out there that the FBI simply doesn’t have the resources to investigate them all? Remember, the FBI admitted they dropped the ball on this one.

15. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I’m asking.

16. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

If the investigation concludes, or even if the FBI claims, that they get so many tips on a daily basis with specific names and specific threats of violence that they can’t keep up then I am all for giving the FBI the added resources they would need.

17. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

The FBI needs a ground up restructuring.

I understand the FBI gets a lot of tips, and they do a lot of investigations, and I understand 6 degrees of separation, but in the one case we have one degree of separation and in the other zero degrees of separation.

The FBI is getting close, but somehow missing the mark, and people are paying for it with their lives.

This is not acceptable from the top law enforcement agency in the nation.

18. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Please expand....

19. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Also, didn't the FBI get tipped about the 9/11 highjackers attending fight school, but having no interest in learning how to land?
    You don't have to charge someone with a crime to send them for a 72 hour physic exam.

Mostly, you just have to ask their friends and family if they feel they are a danger to themselves or others. Then take that before a judge if you can get one of them to cite some example of it, and swear out a statement.

20. 0007776 Suspended

What happened to conservatives and their supposed support for law enforcement? I thought “blue lives matter”...

21. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

This has been discussed on these forums already, but the notion that law enforcement can’t do ANYTHING when someone has made a threat is totally false.

22. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

I know it's hard to have a discussion that doesn't further a political agenda, but saving lives isn't political.

23. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

That’s pretty vague, and mental screenings alone don’t stop someone from owning weapons. This routes back to selective cherry picking unless we actually pass gun reform.... you would think someone on YouTube who say some of these vile things while displaying their gun collection is as much of a threat as a Muslim who sympathized with terrorist groups, but many don’t see it that way, or want to treat them the same.

What you’re saying is selective bans on weapons to individuals without due process is fine, which sounds way more extreme than passing gun reform or even banning the second amendment altogether. That’s a bizarre argument... we can’t pass gun reform, but the FBI should have stepped in and denied people their rights. Again, these people were not criminals until they commited the crime. That is the tricky part here and why we need legislation. It is laws that should have prevented them from obtaining the weapons, not law enforcement stepping in and stopping them on a judgement call.
    It almost certainly is, as we need laws, rules and regulations to save lives, unless we’re all just vigilante heroes.

24. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

I know, right...
    [​IMG]

25. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

What laws would have prevented these people from committing these crimes?

Laws ageist murder?

Laws ageist using a gun in the commission of a crime?

Your answers is to deny rights to everyone, based on the actions of a few criminals, while ignoring the these glaring examples of how the FBI failed to see what was right under it's nose.

What good will more laws do, without anyone competent enough to enforce them?

We have laws rules and regulations.

Who is tasked with enforcing them, maybe the FBI?