Medal of Honor: Airborne - not playable on iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kis, Aug 24, 2007.

1. kis macrumors 65816

I downloaded the demo version of Medal of Honor: Airborne yesterday. Took me 4 hours, only to find out that my 2.16ghz C2D iMac with 2gb RAM ist WAY too slow to play this game. Can that be? I don't usually play games on the Mac (use the PS3 for that) - but I always thought the iMacs were half-way usable for some gaming.

I tried it on Vista, using a resolution of 800x600 and default game settings - the game crawled.

2. CKeiser macrumors newbie

Where?

I have been searching all over for this demo. Is it a Mac demo, or are you using virtual PC (Parallels, BootCamp, or other)?
    Thanks for a link.
    Christopher

3. CajunCARTFan macrumors member

CajunCARTFan

He's probably using Boot Camp. The game is either console or PC.

4. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Try installing XP instead of Vista. Vista gaming performance lags behind XP.

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Is that ATI or Nvidia? Either or, aren't there driver updates for them? And I agree with whats said above about XP better for gaming. It IS! :)
    Vista is a dog for gaming and I have a fairly decent gaming PC and I saw some games drop to really low performance.

6. WJM macrumors newbie

Medal of Honor: Airborne vey playable on imac

Just bought the game and is terrific though had to bump resolution down to 1280 and medium settings but plays & looks good.Use XP and standard bootcamp drivers.