Meet the man trying to take Paul Ryan's seat

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Jun 23, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Pretty good ad. I'd say he is off to a pretty good start though I don't know what kind of chance he has realisticly. I guess time will tell. Still, it's nice seeing someone challenging Paul Ryan.

https://randybryceforcongress.com/

I thought he was well spoken and gave a good interview last night too. His first national interview.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

"“My values are my neighbors’ values, and we know that Washington has gotten way off track. Whether it’s healthcare or jobs, national security or education, our democracy or the environment – there’s not one issue where Paul Ryan and Donald Trump are headed in the right direction. It’s time for a change in Congress.”"

I have to agree :)

3. zin macrumors 6502

"Donald Trump has done nothing"
    "Donald Trump is a Russian spy"

Another guy drinking the Russian spy Kool-Aid. Does anybody believe this garbage anymore except the hardcore Democrats? This policy of total obstruction is going to get them nowhere and they will lose against Paul Ryan, something spectacular given how horrendous of a politician he is.

A union ironworker and he claims there's not one issue where Trump is headed in the right direction. Clearly Democrats have still not learned their lesson on trade. Sad!

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

There also now a woman running. I saw the announcement this morning. But Bryce sounds good. He's been quite active on Twitter.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yet Carrier is taking the money that Trump promised it, turning it into automation instead of jobs, and laying off people.

Yet Kansas, who earlier this week became the poster child for trickle-down economics, just showed the entire world that it does not work.

Yet the Red's excuses are: "It's free market enterprise", or "why don't we try to see if it works", when it's been tried before, across 3 different Republican administrations. Sad? You really don't want to go there.

BL.

6. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

So has the President. What does this even mean?

7. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Oh, nobody actually believes Trump is a Russian spy. This is just "a smart way to make sure he stays honest." Trump himself said in today's Fox interview that bluffing such a threat "wasn't very stupid" when he used that tactic, so why shouldn't all other Americans use the same tactic?

8. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

Don't forget the Trump kool-aid. Let's all have a drink!

9. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

Interesting how you have written off the Russian Meddling as Kool-Aid, yet not one investigation has been concluded, and not one report has been submitted as far as I know. As of a week or two ago Mueller was still putting together his team, which BTW prompted rumors of firing Mueller.

Love the way many on the right are so eager to just write off an attack on our democracy as Kool-Aid in the name of partisan politics, yet demand their guns to fend off tyranny. Priorities, priorities.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 23, 2017 ---
    I just realized, the Republicans and Russia both use red to identify themselves..... Hmmm...

10. SusanK macrumors 68000

MadeTheSwitch,

Thanks for starting this tread. He sounds good. An actual person who works for a living, takes care of his family and is weary of the Ryan-Trump do nothing nuptials.

A Democrat with a message!

11. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes. All the republicans coming for the Trump administration too.

You need to stop focusing on just Trump. The investigation is bigger than that.

You're welcome. I like his ad. Especially the part where he says Paul Ryan should switch places and do some iron work. LOL...as if Ryan would ever do that. He's too white collar now. :D

12. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

lol
    Does this guy know that you have to have a majority in the house to become the speaker?

13. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Where did he say he would or was even trying to be speaker? Can you point that out?

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

This is actually incorrect, as you don't even have to be a member of the house of representatives to be nominated or appointed Speaker.

The only rule defined in the Constitution is that the House will choose the Speaker of the House. No mention of party affiliation, or requiring the person chosen to be speaker to be a member of the House.

BL.

15. zin macrumors 6502

There is not one shred of evidence that Vladimir Putin personally directed the attacks against the DNC, nor that anybody from the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russians. We don't even know if there was an attack on the DNC because nobody from within the U.S. Government has even inspected the server. What we have so far is an 18-page 'Trust us ;)' from the American intelligence agencies regarding Russia.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Aherm:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/01/russian-hacking-trump/510689/

Further backed up by here:
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/312132-fbi-dhs-release-report-on-russia-hacking

and here:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/video/offici...ia-interference-in-next-election-974904899920

And something even made known 6 months ago:
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/security-company-releases-new-evidence-russian-role-dnc-hack/

No shred of evidence? We have plenty of evidence that Russia was behind it; the only problem is, is that you refuse to believe it, making like Trump and calling it a "hoax".

BL.

17. zin macrumors 6502

That is not evidence. That is "We assess..." followed by a "Trust us!" from the U.S. intelligence community. When China hacked the OPM, there was a 198-page report filled with technical information. When Russia allegedly attacks your democracy and interferes with your election, you get an 18-page document filled with vague phrases such as "We believe..." and that the attacks were "consistent with the way" the Russians operate.

The only people who have seen the server are the DNC and a private security contractor. The U.S. Government has based its allegations on a server that they haven't even inspected because the DNC would not hand it over to the FBI and refused assistance from the DHS.

18. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I missed one. From Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russi...e_2016_United_States_elections#Vladimir_Putin

I await your refusal to believe this, even with evidence to back up those statements.

BL.

19. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I do believe some European agencies also think the same thing. So, if not all those people, who should I believe?

• Putin, the former KGB guy?
    • Russian propaganda "news" sources?
    • Russian spies posting things?
    • Russian ambassador/spy?
    Who Zin? Who? Just throw out some names here.

20. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Pulled a Steve and didn't read who he was. :D I thought it was someone who is already a congressman.

21. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ah okay. Thank you. I thought I was missing something somehow on this story! :D

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

It means he's out there with a message, and can make 140 characters look good. (Unlike Donald.)

24. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

The easiest way to disprove Russia's involvement in the hacking is to show us who did hack it then. You don't have any evidence that it was anyone but Russia. If all that evidence pointing to Russia is wrong, then who did it?

25. bopajuice, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017

bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

"Trust us ;)' from the American intelligence agencies regarding Russia"

... Love it. Yet Trump's tweets are treated as gospel. Are familiar with the term "ongoing investigation"?

"There is not one shred of evidence that Vladimir Putin personally directed the attacks against the DNC"

You can't just rely on semantics. I can just see your idea of proof would be a photo of Putin sitting at a desk with his hands on the keyboard. Anything less people will continue to deny and deflect. Even with conclusive proof, I am sure this is the type of leak the White House would surely prevent.

Patience my friend. Let Mueller do some work before calling for his ouster. I am pretty sure Watergate took more than a few weeks to reveal.