Meetup - Troy MI Somerset Mall

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by ezekel, Sep 14, 2012.

1. ezekel macrumors regular

Anyone going to line up? I wasn't able to pre-order so looks like I'm camping out at the mall Friday.

2. BPMCH02 macrumors regular

I am going to be waiting in line Friday morning at Somerset too...What time you are thinking of getting there?

----------

I also wonder if anyone is going to Partridge Creek Mall?

3. Nino313 macrumors member

Plan on going to Somerset too. Would 6am be a good time to arrive?

4. BPMCH02 macrumors regular

I am thinking that getting there MUCH earlier would be a good idea...

5. Nino313 macrumors member

What time do the mall doors open? Or are people just camping out outside

6. ezekel thread starter macrumors regular

I'm kind of debating now... I live 2 mins from a verizon store.. but who knows how much stock they're going to get.

Partridge would be good, but also a further drive from me since I live in Royal Oak.

7. BPMCH02 macrumors regular

I am thinking that 3am is when to get there...I am just not sure if that will be early enough...

----------

Does anyone know if there is a phone limit? I am going to be getting two, one for my and one for my wife, does she have to wait in line with me or can I just buy two myself if say, she has to leave to go to work?

8. ezekel thread starter macrumors regular

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to purchase multiple; as long as it's not 50. I'm going to do 6am and hope for the best...maybe

9. fish48223 macrumors newbie

10. ezekel thread starter macrumors regular

11. BPMCH02 macrumors regular

I am still not sure, sticking to 3am I guess...

12. ezekel thread starter macrumors regular

13. SyncSpin macrumors member

I am not sure about Somerset, but Partridge has a sign outside saying lines start at 5am. As of tonight at 7pm, no one was in line.

14. rjflyn macrumors regular

Anyone here this morning- whats the line like.

15. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

What is the plan for iPhone 5S? Who will be there?

16. holla1ga macrumors newbie

I will be there. I am planning on camping out at Somerset to get the 5S on launch day. I was thinking about coming at 3 am Friday morning, but now I am considering maybe 11 pm-12 am in case there are big lines. Has anyone experienced how busy Somerset has been in the past for iPhone launch days? Should I get there at 11 pm or 3 am?

17. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

I am not sure what time you should be there as I have always pre-ordered in the past so this is my first.

Maybe some others could provide us info from previous experiences.

I was thinking early morning but not really sure.

18. Suraj R. macrumors regular

I was in line for the 3rd gen iPad there and the line wasn't too long (around 50 people i'd say, maybe around 75). But I'm guessing it will be a lot worse for the 5S

19. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I'm trying to decide between Somerset, Partridge Creek and/or Twelve Oaks. Anyone with experience at any of these locations from previous launches?

20. BPMCH02 macrumors regular

I waited for the 5 last year and it was nuts! They did not let us on to mall property before 5am so everyone was lining up on the sidewalk by the Bank of America building (they also did not let you park on mall property so that was a mess too). I got there at 3am and ended up being like 50th in line or something like that...by the time 5am rolled around there were well over 100 people in line and it just kept going and going...but I can tell you that the line goes really fast once they let people in. But I would expect that if you want to get there at 3am that you should be fine, but if you want to be like 1-50th in line, a 10pm to midnight arrival may not hurt...

----------

I should have clarified but it was at Somerset.

21. sparrow12 macrumors newbie

22. BPMCH02 macrumors regular

Last year they let us on to mall property at about 5am and inside the mall shortly thereafter (around 6 or so). In years prior, we could wait in the parking garage at any time and they would open the doors to the mall around 5 or 6am...the only way to know for sure is to call mall security

23. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Maybe the Apple store would know as well? You'd think that the Apple store would want to work closely with the Mall Security team to ensure everything goes smoothly (ie no one gets hurt, no arguments over line cutting, etc).

24. BPMCH02 macrumors regular

Well it looks like I am going to be able to do the swap in the store, as a result I will be waiting with you folks! I am thinking about getting there at like 4am or something like that...hopefully it works out.

25. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I will be hopefully getting there sometime between 3AM - 5AM. Depends on how I'm feeling when I wake up, haha. I'm not in much of a hurry as I took off work in the AM and will just work a half day. I just want to ensure I get on Fri morning, that's all.

I'm glad Apple has offered up a third color option, as this should allow for a better possibility for me to get one I am going for (64GB Space Gray).