Melania and Ivanka Trump Skip Wearing Headscarves in Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, May 20, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/style/melania...aring-headscarves-saudi-arabia-130616914.html
    how DARE SHE :mad: 100 lashes at the minimum :mad:

2. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well except trump of course is a hypocrite about such things.

4. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

How so?

5. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Yeah but that's stuff you say when you're campaigning or about to run for president. You just insult the other side no matter what. We see the Democrats and Republicans both engage in this behavior.

I just can't understand why you guys are all like amazed that this happens.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

who said they are amazed or surprised. We're just calling him a hypocrite. Which he is. Fact... not even a stretch.

7. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Please show me one of Barack Obama's Tweets where he did any such thing. Or Hillary Clinton's, for that matter. Or Ted Cruz or Jeb Bush.

ONLY Donald Trump makes reckless, insulting, and ultimately hypocritical jibes like that.

8. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Tweets aren't the subject of discussion
    --- Post Merged, May 20, 2017 ---
    Yet, here you are, acting like it's a big deal. They're all hypocrites.

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Neither is political campaigning.

10. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

It is here. Duh.

11. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

12. samcraig macrumors P6

No. You're assuming we're making a big deal out of it. I personally don't care. But that doesn't change the fact that Trump is a hypocrite and that his words are coming back to haunt him pretty much every week/every tweet.

13. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

"I don't care"

Then you say

"omg like Trump is a hypocrite and his words are coming back to haunt him!!11"

How are they coming back to haunt him?

14. samcraig macrumors P6

No. Once again you're creating a straw man argument.

If you can't figure out or see how what he's tweeted or said is coming back to haunt him, then I'm afraid that's your problem. And something you need to research.

15. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It really doesn't matter. Heads of state and their spouses are typically afforded more leeway in terms of observing local customs. Keep in mind that if (Michelle) Obama had worn a scarf, Fox and Friends would have branded her a muslim just as they did with her husband. I strongly suspect that alone would have been enough to motivate such a decision.

That aside, I regard dress codes as somewhat arbitrary. This one happens to be quite noticeable to the point of being shocking, but it's ultimately the same principle as making someone wear a tie to a formal event. That might be a weak example, as it's unlikely to be enforced. There are places in the US that have dress codes that go beyond anti-public nudity laws. I don't see a big difference in principle, just in extremity.

16. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

I'm afraid that if you can't see how it doesn't matter that he made some random tweet 2 years ago, then that's your problem, and something you need to research.

17. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

18. samcraig macrumors P6

So the I'm rubber you're glue defense? Got it. I think we can all see who is really making a big deal out of this.

19. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Yes, it's you. You're taking screenshots from your Twitter feed and posting them here and freaking out. Who cares if he tweeted what he did? If you're a Republican, you take every jab you can at Democrats, and vice-versa. What is so difficult to understand about that?

Like, do you sit there and read Trump tweets and think OMG he said that!!!!? No not my precious political party! They would never do such a thing!

?

Because that's what it looks like here. Even if he was being a hypocrite here, isn't it a good thing since it's pro-women's rights? Or would you rather him make the First Lady wear a veil? Your goal here is just to be a big crybaby and criticize Trump no matter what. Your goal isn't to be a sensible, responsible, intellectual citizen of the United States (or the Western world). If it was, you'd realize how silly it is to post some obscure tweet and then sit around and cheerlead Trump "being a hypocrite".

20. samcraig macrumors P6

Not freaking out. Someone asked why Trump was a hypocrite. I spent 2 seconds googling it at then posted the screen shot. Now Im freaking out? Ok. LOL. Have a great evening.

21. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Yes but that doesn't show he's a hypocrite. It shows he does politics like all the politicians. So yes, you're freaking out.

22. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

This topic is not about campaigning.

23. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

What is it about?

24. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I'm sure you can read.

:)