Melania Trump faces new plagiarism row over cyber safety booklet

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, May 8, 2018.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Never mind the irony of her "be best" by not cyber-bullying campaign, she also plagiarized it. Guess she figured since it was so easy to do to Michelle Obama during the election that why not. The Trump's are nothing if not shameless.

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Well, Con Don is taking credit for a lot of improving numbers that have next to nothing to do with any of his actual policies (just rollbacks on regulations), so I'm not surprised to see this. The premise of her campaign is laughably ironic.

3. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

I don't know. Seems like every time I see Melania in a public setting she gives the impression she does not want to be there. I am guessing she had absolutely nothing to do with "authoring" the "new" booklet.
    --- Post Merged, May 8, 2018 ---
    As far as I am concerned the current administration and the First Lady could plagiarize the Obamas all they want. Good policy is good policy. If it takes white people to deliver the message to get people to listen so be it.

4. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

This isn’t plagiarism, since she never claimed to be the author of this booklet. It’s just another example of the inherent laziness and sloppiness of this administration in that they can’t even be bothered to come up with anything new.

5. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

We agree, let's look at all that hatorade.

Trump's critical tweets
    196 references to fake news, the press or mainstream media

147 mentions of specific media outlets
    • 100 Obama, his staff, Obamacare

• 95 law enforcement, court officials or special counsel

• 79 Hillary Clinton
    Source: @RealDonaldTrump

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

So, she climbed to a 54 percent approval rating? Let's break out the champagne, only one-third of America views her unfavorably. Huzzah!

But, wait? How were other First Ladies viewed? (Uh oh, context.)

From the article:

Essentially, Melania has the same problem as her husband, they're following roughly the same path in approval ratings, but 15 points lower than their predecessors.

7. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I'm not sure how the Trumps would survive without the Clintons and Obamas to fall back on.

In a very peculiar way, its almost like we still have them in office.