Melania Trump says she’s most bullied person in the world

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mel...e-world-distrusts-west-wing/story?id=58419018

Her husband is really rubbing off on her. Not a good look. I don’t doubt that people on social media say nasty things about her. But more than anyone else? I doubt it.

2. JayMysterio, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018

JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Wait till she ( even worse if she was a PoC ) joins a long time beloved fan boy movie franchise, then she can see what being bullied online is like.

3. profmatt macrumors 68000

profmatt

I love how naive we all were. Yes, Donald Trump is a monster, but Ivanka will be a moderating influence, and Melania clearly hates him and is a lovely person. So it’s not all bad.

Except, not so much.

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Thing is she doesn’t come across as a very likeable person. She doesn’t look like she enjoys being First Lady, hardly ever smiles, is always so serious. She complains that people focus to much on what she’s wearing yet it’s so obvious she’s obsessed with how she’s dressed. Look at her recent trip to Africa. She was dressed like she was doing a photo shoot for Vogue magazine. Or when she went to Texas and wow that jacket with the i don’t really care do you writing on it. She’s never not dressed in designer wares and stilletto heels. And then she wonders why people focus on what she wears?!?

5. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

If she was, she would have hung her self. I used to like her but now I think she’s dumb and insecure.

6. JayMysterio, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018

JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Don't forget her wardrobe choice for China, which had Twitter rolling.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/n...iego/465-d58e0cfc-8f0d-43cc-aad1-4a176eac6020

Bottom line is that Melania has always gotten grief for her supposed anti bully campaign, but NEVER speaks out against her husband doing it. In fact she's tacitly endorsed some of his actions, which is why mocking is inevitable. You can say you feel bullied & want to speak out for others, if that speaking out is in general vague terms. All the while you are around bullying happening & remain conspicuously silent. You aren't going to get much sympathy.

I see that also her comments about #metoo are getting some attention as well.

7. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Those touting Melania as a good person trapped in a bad marriage must have missed the times she followed her husband on the birther bandwagon.

8. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

When I thought of Ivanka, I thought she’s just like her father. Another monster. Just like Melanie.

9. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I would wager far less than her husband...

Woah harsh dude. Thing is I'd give her some slack. She clearly didn't want or expect to be first lady and a few fumbles aside (some being more accidental than others) she's at least taken up a cause to champion and is obviously still learning. I bet the biggest problem is that she though she was 'high profile' before, but once her husband took office she was forced up to the biggest of big leagues.

10. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

I understand she has big shoes to fill, but don’t go around, telling the world, you are the most bullied person the world. Because she doesn’t know what it’s like to be proper bullied.
    Kids, teens, young adults, kill them self every day from bullying.

And the world would understand if she left Trump. The world would support her decision.

And I don’t care about her choice of closing. Michelle Obama spend ALOT of money on her dresses and the people were supporting her closing choices.

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Melania is a former "model." What she wears has always been important to her. Each wardrobe choice is well thought out and planned. She has not suddenly started throwing on "any old thing" since becoming First Lady.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Well she's been married to Trump, so I am sure she's bullied all the time.

13. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

sitting on a beach watching a DC simulation ...
    Look back at how the public treated Michelle Obama. Then look at how they treat Melania.
    Night and Day even though both are doing good work.

14. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Ok, maybe you think that, but maybe she feels otherwise and hopefully not to the extent of suicide.

15. jerwin macrumors 68020

[​IMG]

16. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I'm confused. Are you suggesting that Melania has been treated worse than Michelle? Because, if you are, that's nonsense.

17. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Don't think she thinks things through. Bet she is like a couple of supermodels I met when I worked for a big cosmetics company; there are some days you just throw something on.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2018 ---
    Nonsense? You might want to look again. Michelle for the most part was well liked. There were times she pulled stunts like school lunches but... Then again, I bet a lot of the Melania dislike is a rub off from her hubby.

18. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Try reading the comments section on an article about Michelle Obama on any right-of-center web site. It usually only takes a handful of comments before they start comparing her to gorillas and talking about how she's really a man. Hell, we have a poster on this forum who has argued repeatedly that Michelle Obama is a man. I've never seen anything comparable anywhere about Melania Trump.

19. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

Michell was well liked. But you also couldn’t say anything negative against her with out being labeled racist.
    I’m not saying she’s not being bullied. But I honestly would like to see half a dozen examples, that makes her the most bullied person in the world.

20. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Against my better judgment, I just took a look at the comments on a story about Michelle Obama that’s on the front page of The Daily Caller. Here are a few examples. I would challenge you to find anything comparable regarding Melania Trump on a mainstream left-leaning web site.

D6472DA5-5B12-43B5-A0A4-6F2F77977174.png DAB44267-EB50-4CA1-9627-0148D7C384CA.jpeg AB22F11F-BF0C-4F46-832C-7E8A37F931BE.jpeg

21. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

A hand full of racist pricks. It’s not a global bullying like Melania has to deal with.... according to her.

22. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

I seldom did that. Left or Right I seldom delve into the comments.
    Would see the top level unless a comment was shown in a headline article. At that level Melania fares far worse.
    This shows why I seldom dive into comments.
    Want bad? Go read comments in BGR :eek:

23. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

She needs to join the Me Too movement against her husband. Maybe she'll find some courage in numbers.

But does she have proof? And why didn't she report it decades ago? :rolleyes:

24. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

I’d love to know just what this global bullying is. Twitter trolls don’t count.
    It’s really unfortunate that comments sections are such dumpster fires (a good example is a Daily Mail article about the hurricane Michael devestation). When you find some that aren’t you can really get some interesting discussions going. Also I enjoy reading other people’s opinion. But most of the time the comments sections are full of losers and trolls where no meaningful discussion can be had.

25. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Yeah, must be tough. I'm sure sometimes she closes her eyes and wishes she was a teen bullied for being too short, too fat, poor with old hand-me-down clothes... Nobody knows more about bullying than Melania Trump, believe me.