Melania Trumps's approval ratings hit 50%

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Videomanmac, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

Just days after it comes out that Trump has a higher approval rating at the same time during Obama's respective presidency, it comes out that half, or more than half (because 26% aren't sure) of American's approve of Melania Trump.

It is amazing at how much of an inspiration she and Donald are to the American people. It's truly inspiring.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/melania-trump-approval-rating-soars/

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Melania hates Trump.

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

Since Melanie is practically not covered in news on the other side of the pond, could you give a brief description on what she has done and is doing?

The only thing I really know about her, is that she is almost never present along with Trump, except for the big things where she is expected to be, and that she became a laughing stock after announcing that she would work on cyber bullying - For obvious reasons. Has that resulted in anything?

No need to make things up as facts, when you don't know anything about.

4. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Then let's hope she gets a great divorce lawyer and gets the White House in the settlement.

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

Everything is merely speculation and theories based on essentially nothing.

I don't object to there being plenty of observations that could be interpreted badly if that is your agenda, but until she actually files for divorce (Which I find HIGHLY unlikely as Donald will most likely have some kind of written agreement with her as long as he is president, to protect his ego), then they may just be in a non-perfect marriage, and that doesn't necessarily mean she hates him in any way. Maybe all his money is making her "love" him, and that means she might not care about everything else - Who knows, but her.

7. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Hillary didn’t leave Bill. And it’s unlikely that Melania will leave Trump.

I actually would have respected Hillary’s decision if she had left Bill. And it probably would have actually helped her in her own election attempt (had she not sabotaged herself by getting her hands dirty).

Melania really doesn’t seem to have much going for herself beyond Trump, other than her appearance. Which really is of limited use.

While I don’t care for Hillary, she had some great qualities. Unfortunately the bad ones were what mattered. But she had the brains and abilities to do great things. She just chose not to.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Hilary and Bill show affection.

9. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Look, I loathe Trump.

I feel sorry for his wife.

I think the poll shows people conflate pity with approval.
    Also, she's pretty quiet. She is the complete opposite of the usual President's wife.

So why would people disapprove of her?
    Because she's a trophy wife of an odious charlatan?

*shrug*

10. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

Some people might expect her to take action, due to her powerful position. She has access to an array of tools, money and media exposure that is unprecedented, and she could essentially do anything as long as she set herself to do it. Even if she wasn't the person who won the election, she knew in advance that things were expected of her.

I personally respect if she doesn't feel like doing so, but with the amount of capable people which 'normally' follows such a position, I must admit I am somewhat saddened that nothing has happened, because she *could* be doing *so* much (Disclaimer: She might actually be intelligent, and knows to keep her hands away from the zombie horde currently busy making dumpster fires in the WH - But given her choice of action, the cyber bullying issue, I do not consider her very intelligent - I believe it was merely a really badly thought out decision from her husband and his minions, to pretend his behavior online isn't happening, as is his usual way of acting. Coupled with her blatant plagiarism, that has shown twice now I believe, well.. She has to do a LOT to fix my opinion of her now).
    Again, this may just be because I just don't know what she has done - See my post above.

11. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

She actively pushed Trump’s racist birther crap. I have no respect for her and would certainly say that I disapproved of her if asked in a poll.

12. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

According to Wikipedia she's involved in several charities, but of course, showing up for a few media shots doesn't mean much. I honestly am surprised she hasn't done more than modeling?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2018 ---
    Edit:
    That's true. Now I do know for a fact that she's not intelligent.

13. arkitect, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018

arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

I suppose me living in a political culture where the wife (or husband) of the current political leader of the country is actively encouraged to stay away from the lime light makes me view it differently.
    :)

That's fair enough.

Anyway, I can see people all getting hot and bothered and painting me as some sort of Melania fan boy.

Not at all.

My main point was… she's a pitiful creature… and I think somehow people have reflected that in their approval ratings.
    Not saying they are correct.

Besides, is she not a Trump voter's perfect "stay at home wife"?
    And as I have read so often on these forums; Trump's base want women in their place. ie. At home and not getting any ideas above their station…

14. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm surprised Melania's isn't higher. Maybe it's because she's still married to Trump ;)

But it's no surprise her approval ratings are higher than her husband's.

15. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

Actually knowing very little about her other than semi-successful lingerie model, at this point I’d be inclined to give her a chance if it meant Supreme Leader would be banished from the Presidency. Practically the odds of any unknown entity would be an improvement over what we currently have.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2018 ---
    Lol.....for a moment, I almost thought you were serious. :)

16. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I’d have thought it would be higher.

Melania is great, it’s like having Michelle Obama in office still.

17. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4