Memorial Day

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Delta608, May 23, 2009.

1. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Here is to the better men and women of our armed forces.......

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

3. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

It's been approx 60 years since my father fought in Korea. The horrors he experienced there are so much more than most of what we hear about in the news today. Because of his faith in God, though, his nightmares are very seldom now. And, he is thankful that he was able to serve his country; he lied about his age to be able to enlist.

I am thankful beyond words to my dad, to all of our veterans, and to all of our armed forces. God bless America.:)

(My grandmother, my dad's mom, was a founding member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.)

4. Delta608 thread starter macrumors regular

Delta608

I give thanks to your father and the sacrifice your mother has made all these years comforting your father.....Great Americans..We should all be thankful to them....