men are pigs.................women, "we are equal to men".

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 5, 2019.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/...eq7raF2nIQhIRJmhWR0ZIt81Hzh0POptQXHe0px69ZuJw
    marriage is going the way of the doo doo bird......

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

What a awful article, there are some things I find true (like the portrayal of men as the 'doofus' as they put it) but the 'Anti-Male' title hints at the wounded male egos of women who are
    Yes why can't these women find these men!?! (I assume they are talking to the likes of Steve's "Friend" in the article):
    Yeah... so not having to 'argue ones worth' or not having the final say in relationship matters.... it's ironic that the article goes into this idea of a permanently juvenile condition... cause what I'm seeing these guys are pretty juvenile themselves.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

everyone is having "fun" and getting married later in life, little do they know that dating after 30 is like going to the dump and settling for the least damaged piece of crap they can find :p
    [​IMG]

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well I wouldn't equate dating after 30 as going to the dump, it's more like trying to find a compatible make and model that's going down the same highway, in the same direction, at the same speed. The older you get the more things in your life are set and it makes the matching up pretty difficult. :oops:

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

BY That time you are pretty much set in your ways.

6. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Yep, kids and ex-spouses add a lot more complication too. There is hope though. My bro and his 2nd wife seem to be doing ok. :D

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You can still land chicks in their 20's if you're in your 30's. Hell you can still land them in your 40's.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Can confirm. Almost 40 here, yet I still land them, and for a good price at the market

[​IMG]

9. Chew Toy McCoy, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019

Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I’m starting the Me Neither movement for men of middling game who generally treat women respectfully but don’t always get appreciated or respected for it. We get laid so we’re not incels but we’re also not trying to bang everything that moves. We’re among you hidden in plain sight. Whatever you’re complaining about we aren’t it.

10. Zenithal macrumors 604

Applauds Jordan Peterson. The only men who seem to follow his words tend to be social outcasts ripe for shooting a place up.

11. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

This is a very ignorant comment (if you're referring to Peterson).

12. Zenithal macrumors 604

I am. You're free to believe what you want, but the man attracts losers. The so-called incel movement loves him and his work.

13. Altis macrumors 68030

What an incredibly messed up thing to say.

Just because society at large, including those who scream loudest about "gender equality" don't give the slightest hoot about the troubles facing men and boys, doesn't mean ignoring their problems will make anything better.

Maybe you should question what's changing that's leading to so many troubled people.

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

First of all, some losers as you define them, need guidance that they might have never received by school or family. We do not know why they are "losers" but certainly we shouldn't abandon them.
    I've read his 12 rules book, and listened to many of his videos. Obviously there are many things I disagree with him with, but he is certainly helping many individuals, and he helps in putting some things into perspective. He is a bit too much of a pessimist for my tastes - at least on the surface - but he's by far one of the best thinkers of our age.

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I happen to like men in general. Like any group, there are good ones and bad ones.

As for marriage, it's time to decide whether it's a religious thing, or a legal partnership. Do we need both? I got married the second time so that we could share insurance. (There's another topic I won't get started on.) Personally, I think marriage needs to be redefined outside of religion.

16. Altis macrumors 68030

His words particularly speak to people with issues (you know, pretty typical for a clinical psychologist).

You provide no proof of your false claim, anyways.

17. Zenithal macrumors 604

You mean the guys who call themselves decent but are really weird and tend to be creeps? It's either learned behavior or a mental health issue.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 5, 2019 ---
    Most people would argue psychology isn't a true science and would call psychiatry a medical science.

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

And they would be wrong.

19. Altis macrumors 68030

Like male feminists who so often turn out to be predators? Sure. A generation of boys raised largely by single mothers and lacking male role models? Yes.

Maybe if we addressed the reasons why these people have problems, rather than attack them, we'd actually improve things.

What's your point? Sure, almost none of the "social sciences" practice scientific method but prefer to use ideology. But do you even have a point here?

20. Zenithal macrumors 604

Why is that? Why is it not okay to say that but when faced with a social issue that psychologists agree with some people out there will call out the education of a psychologist and state it doesn't have much scientific bearing as they don't hold a medical science and psychology is based on social science which isn't a real science to begin with?
    I don't pay attention to feminists. What about a generation of boys raised by single fathers? Are you signaling that males raised by a single mother are broken males and that forced remarriage should be a thing?

No point. People believe in psychology when it helps their point and ignore it at other times.

As for these troubled people, I really don't care what they do with their lives. They could blow their heads off and I doubt anyone would care.

21. Altis macrumors 68030

Is that what I said? No? So why are you suggesting any of that? Are you willing to discuss in good faith?

Where's the "generation of boys raised by single fathers", huh? The rate of that happening is statistically very, very low. Meanwhile, kids raised by single mothers is about 25% in the U.S.

The adverse effects on children, both boys and girls, due to being raised in fatherless homes is well-known. If you look at the increased propensity towards substance abuse, self-harm, interpersonal violence, incarceration, school drop-out rates, teen pregnancy, increased risk of abuse, etc, you'll see that it's pretty serious. Also consider that specific communities where fatherless homes tend to have high rates of violent crimes and gang activity, as well as that almost all "mass shooters" come from fatherless homes, and the evidence is clear.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/27/mass-shooters-absent-fathers-link-ignored-anti-gun/

That's pretty messed up to say you care nothing for the troubles of these people -- but you care enough to attack them for their problems and attack people who try to help them get their lives together.

Perhaps there should be an award for most nihilistic poster.

22. Zenithal macrumors 604

Washington Times is a right wing rag. Get me a study.
    I'm not a nihilist. These people can treat themselves. Otherwise it's a mental faculty issue and they should seek medical help. I'm not going to ponder on the thoughts of a person having a "rough" life.
    Author of that book has a bachelors in social science with a masters and doctoral degree in political science. I think we can all agree political science is bull and his education in social sciences given his age is vastly outdated.

23. Altis macrumors 68030

Your logical fallacy is genetic

Ironically, it would be discussed more in "left wing" rags but they don't give a crap about the plights of men and boys, only women and girls.

24. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

25. Zenithal macrumors 604

Don't waste time with a stupid meme.

I don't care what political side a paper is as long as long as it cites an actual double blind medical study conducted over years of a significant group of young men who then enter adult hood. Anything else is hearsay.
    Also, in a previous thread on some gender bender crap you went on about how those who've been deemed by a psychologist to be okay because they feel they're the opposite sex or a Kira Sorrento for anyone who cares about that stuff doesn't mean they are that and then linked to a paper the American College of Pediatricians, a socially conservative group, laid out. If for that psychology is bull then I say this and Peterson's work is bull too. Personally I don't understand any of that gender stuff because it doesn't pertain to me and I don't find it remotely interesting or worthy of understanding.

I don't go around picking and choosing based on what I feel like believing. I've never believed in psychology.