Menu bar & dock on secondary monitor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smchan, Aug 11, 2008.

1. smchan macrumors member

I use my MBP in dual monitor mode a lot. When I have a 2nd monitor attached, that 2nd monitor is typically my primary monitor, and the MBP's LCD is my secondary monitor.

Is it possible to configure OS X to display the menu bar and dock on the secondary monitor without going into "mirroring" mode? I like using 2 monitors for an extended desktop, but it's frustrating going to my secondary monitor everytime I launch an app or access the menu bar.

Thanks,
    Sam

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

In system prefs for displays just drag the menu bar from one screen to the other.

3. smchan thread starter macrumors member

D'oh! Thanks for the tip. I've still got Vista on the brain and have been looking for a check box or other non-obvious way to do this. The obvious never occurred to me. :D

Sam

4. tony4d macrumors member

Actually, I think its pretty easy to miss. Although the way they implemented how you move the menubar and dock from one monitor to the other is very intuitive and super easy, they should add a little bit of text on that preference panel so people know how to do it.

In other words, bravo for how it works, bleh for no hint text explaining how to do it :)