Merchants Prepping for BIG Announcement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CanesDrew, Sep 5, 2013.

1. CanesDrew macrumors regular

CanesDrew

I just received this email from Best Buy. They're trying to stay ahead of the announcement of the 5S and presumed 5C on Tuesday. Smart move.

[​IMG]

2. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

My goodness :eek:

I can't believe they are offering the same deal they have offered 3 or 4 times this year already :eek::rolleyes:

3. kaielement macrumors 65816

They also had an ad I saw that said you could get up to 50% off a new iPhone with a trade in. Really trying to push out stock. I work for best buy mobile and with this pending announcement its amazing how many people still want to buy a 4 or 4s and think it will run just fine two three years down the road and don't care that they are locked into a two year contract. And funny thing is for the same price or maybe cheaper then they are paying now in a month or less they could have a better phone. Its so frustrating to deal with customers sometimes. Had a customer with an iPhone 4 who wanted to use her upgrade for another iPhone 4 and her only reason was it was free. Fail fail fail lol.

Or maybe I am just cynical lol.

4. CanesDrew thread starter macrumors regular

CanesDrew

No. You're right. And this is what corporate is banking on. Most consumers aren't savvy to latest trends and rumors. If everyone was, they wouldn't send out emails like the above.

----------

Thank you for your valued contribution to MacRumors.

5. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Retailers throughout the world do this for every product about to be "old". Why is this surprising?

6. CanesDrew thread starter macrumors regular

CanesDrew

I don't believe anything in my OP said it was surprising or I was surprised. If anything, others might find it useful if they want to get an iPhone 5.

ANYWAY, it is a smart move like the other guy said to move product ahead of another major launch from a tech giant. I'm sure Best Buy's sales of iPhone 4S and 5's will be huge over the next few days. :apple:

7. kaielement macrumors 65816

And that's why I am trying to let all my customers know. Because at the end of the day I may work for Best Buy doesn't mean I all ways have to agree with them. But even still after telling them they still insist on an iPhone 4/4s. What gets me more is the fact that they think in two three years down the road the all ready two year old phone will run like the new phone. I don't care if a customer is tech savy or not but why ask my opinion then do the complete opposite. And I get the same old well I would never use apps or the internet all I want is texting and calling. Then why get a smart phone. Drives me crazy. Or the people who get made that the carries will require them to have a data plan. I say again fail fail fail.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Of course, the rumor mill has been strong with these two devices. Clearing inventory is crucial.

9. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Why would you not expect a 4S to be functional two years from now? Im sure it will work just fine for some people's needs. People buy it because its cheap or free with the 2-year. And some people really don't have $200 to spend on a phone upgrade, or it isn't a $200 priority for them.

10. kaielement macrumors 65816

I know what you mean. I am more getting at the people who will want it to run just as fast and efficient as the newer models. I had a 4 before my 5 and iOS 6 was not the greatest experience but I was ok with that knowing that in a month I was going to get an iPhone 5.

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If the old one is having issues but the power the 4 gives you is still enough that isn't a bad idea. It's not like most US carriers give you a cheaper price on service if you don't use your upgrade.