Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

assisterah

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
I'm making an announcement here that we will see a MacBook Pro update next week. This is a inside news, and please don't ask me how I get it, just wait and you will see. Seriously.

enberg

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
2dsk11d.jpg

Bumble Bee

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2010
I'm making an announcement here that we will see a MacBook Pro update next week. This is a inside news, and please don't ask me how I get it, just wait and you will see. Seriously.

When I was young my mom told me to never take candy from strangers...now that I'm older I don't want to take advice from someone who doesn't have any proof to back it up. If you have the reason for making such a bold statment tell us.

bananaboi

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2010
Out of all the February dates, I'd be willing to bet on either the 9th or the 23rd. The Nvidia Optimus is being announced on the 9th, and we all can be 99% certain that MBPs will indeed have hybrid graphics again. The past Wednesday marked 240 days since the last update, so 8 months just passed as well. The 23rd would also be too close to the preorders of iPads IMO. Btw, I checked assisterah's previous posts, and there was one specific post where he said he's talked to Apple "engineers". I could be wrong, but perhaps, he might actually have inside information. His previous post was back in July 5, 2009.. so it's actually his first post about the upcoming MBP refresh

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Where's that thread?

And fwiw- I don't think intrust the guys assertion re next week.

If I'm wrong, I will gladly paypal him $10 to apologise.

It was a thread of someone who claimed that the MBPs will be update the next Tuesday, it was in January though, and as the world wild wet is a fleeting being anyway, not many remember.

vant

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2009
Why bother announcing it without proof. Your just like every 'it's tomorrow' thread out there. Lock please

SarcasticBitch

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2010

I pray you speak the truth. Ok, that's a lie, I'm not the praying kind.

But Karma is a bitch.

collegembp

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2010
i'm just having a hard time believing these speculations. is it normal for macrumors not to see these kind of updates coming at all? other than these forums I haven't seen any kind of indication of new macbook pros so soon anywhere on the site.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
People will keep making these threads until the MBPs come out. Hopefully this thread will be closed shortly.

gfiz

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Virginia
the guy's been a member here for over two years, only has 15 posts, and hasn't posted in over half a year...it ain't about post count or seeing his name on the screen...so while i think all unsubstantiated "info" is BS, I'm more inclined to believe him rather than say...someone like myself. :p

p.s. New MBP's next week, according to my source. please scroll up for source. :D

Mintin8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2009
United Kingdom
the guy's been a member here for over two years, only has 15 posts, and hasn't posted in over half a year...it ain't about post count or seeing his name on the screen...so while i think all unsubstantiated "info" is BS, I'm more inclined to believe him rather than say...someone like myself. :p

p.s. New MBP's next week, according to my source. please scroll up for source. :D

Also the fact that the OP's previous posts indicate that he is not a troll. (They are mostly helpful and informative). I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT OP, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT.

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I believe him. Why? my best friend shook hands with steve jobs, his mom works for apple in Cupertino (never asked her position), and she gets to talk to him sometimes. you'll never believe that, but it's true.

why should i distrust the OP? I know how he feels :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.