[Merged] What case are you guys planning on buying for the new ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Burch, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Burch macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Well, I have not had an iPad before so I do not know what case to purchase that will be good for protection or another category like that. So, what cases will you purchase/recommend getting for new people?

2. efyou macrumors regular

I've never had one either. I'm not buying a case though since it's just going to be in my house. Sorry that didn't really help you out. lol

I'm sure you'll get some good answers though.

3. Gorion macrumors member

I was looking into buying a Dodo case. It's not released for the new iPad yet though.

4. mac jones macrumors 68040

I've been using the Waterfield Smart case , and I will get another if the one I have now doesn't fit.

Also, either a 'Barely There', or an Incipio type shell thingie for some anti-slip.

5. tehBrad macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I pre ordered a bodyguardz skin which actually shipped today (I was pretty surprised and excited). And then I also got a dark grey smart cover.

6. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I use mine nude. No case, no screen protector. When I travel I snap on a smart cover.

7. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Piel Frama leather case made for iPad. Not as well known in the states as it is in Europe. But about as well made a case as it's possible to buy (Louis Vuitton excepted, and not nearly as expensive).

8. ikm19 macrumors 6502

ikm19

9. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

10. Payton3485 macrumors member

11. retrorichie macrumors member

12. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

I got a leather smart cover. Cream to be exact.

13. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

I wanted to buy an invisible shield or some type of screen and back protector for my iPad, so then I could buy tons of sleeves for my iPad. I don't know why, but I love iPad sleeves. They are just more simple and classic looking and nice to carry around. The only downside is the sticker may ruin the quality and resolution experience. :(

14. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Waiting for Cote et Ciel's site to go live again. :eek:

15. greg555 macrumors 6502a

I have a Zagg LeatherSkin on my iPad 1 for around the house (and I slip it into a Yoobao folio case when it leaves the house). I want to get another LeatherSkin for my new iPad but I'm suffering sticker shock because the postage to Canada has gone from $2.50 to $15 in the two years since I got the first one.

Greg

16. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

I really want this one:

Yoobao Executive Leather iPad 2 Case
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrkPss7Wsww&feature=related

It seems like the best and most simple iPad case. The only thing I hate, which is my pet peeve, is the white stitching. I bought a bag last January, and more than one year later, I'm replacing the bag. Getting the exact same bag, same color, same size... without the white stitching. The bag itself was over three hundred dollars, and I had to pay an extra fifty dollars to make the stitching tone on tone. It's just my pet peeve - it looks too tacky.

17. dukedvl macrumors member

I also like Maroo cases. It's a little bulkier than some cases but offers good protection. Luckily I waited long enough and they started a 50% off sale today that runs through tomorrow at 12:30pm Pacific time.

18. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I sprung for a Portenzo Moleskine clone just because I've been wanting one since iPad 2.

When it's not in the Portenzo, I'll put a new Gelaskin on that back and my old pink SmartCover and InCase neoprene sleeve.

19. felixroqu3 macrumors regular

felixroqu3

Im currently trying to find a good case to use for the new ipad. Something like a smart cover+ that also protects the back maybe?:)

20. troop231 macrumors 603

Maroo Moko, currently 50% off with coupon code marooturns1 (only good for a few more hours though)

http://www.maroo.com/store/Cases/iPad-Cases/MOKO

[​IMG]

21. cashville2400, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  22. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I just ordered the new iPad(my first iPad) and had no idea what case to get. It looks like a really nice case and highly reviewed. With the coupon code, this is a great deal. Just ordered one. Thank you again.

23. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Picked up a red smart cover at the :apple: store on saturday. May favorite color!

24. Snoosedaddy macrumors regular