Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Burch

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Well, I have not had an iPad before so I do not know what case to purchase that will be good for protection or another category like that. So, what cases will you purchase/recommend getting for new people?

efyou

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
I've never had one either. I'm not buying a case though since it's just going to be in my house. Sorry that didn't really help you out. lol

I'm sure you'll get some good answers though.

Gorion

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2006
I was looking into buying a Dodo case. It's not released for the new iPad yet though.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I've been using the Waterfield Smart case , and I will get another if the one I have now doesn't fit.

Also, either a 'Barely There', or an Incipio type shell thingie for some anti-slip.

tehBrad

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I pre ordered a bodyguardz skin which actually shipped today (I was pretty surprised and excited). And then I also got a dark grey smart cover.

Jackintosh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2009
Piel Frama leather case made for iPad. Not as well known in the states as it is in Europe. But about as well made a case as it's possible to buy (Louis Vuitton excepted, and not nearly as expensive).

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
I want a nice sleek, black sleeve for business. I think I may go for this one:
http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Gadget-Sleeve.html?sc=8&category=1290
i26q8.jpg

I want a smart cover too that covers the front and back.
This is the only one I found, downside is that it only comes in silver and bronze.
http://www.thejoyfactory.com/product/csa104
CSA104%28a%29.jpg

This one is really cute for the winter from Colasac.
black-ipad-sleeve-side-800.jpg

black-ipad-sleeve-corner-800.jpg

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
I wanted to buy an invisible shield or some type of screen and back protector for my iPad, so then I could buy tons of sleeves for my iPad. I don't know why, but I love iPad sleeves. They are just more simple and classic looking and nice to carry around. The only downside is the sticker may ruin the quality and resolution experience. :(

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
I have a Zagg LeatherSkin on my iPad 1 for around the house (and I slip it into a Yoobao folio case when it leaves the house). I want to get another LeatherSkin for my new iPad but I'm suffering sticker shock because the postage to Canada has gone from $2.50 to $15 in the two years since I got the first one.

Greg

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
I really want this one:

Yoobao Executive Leather iPad 2 Case
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrkPss7Wsww&feature=related

It seems like the best and most simple iPad case. The only thing I hate, which is my pet peeve, is the white stitching. I bought a bag last January, and more than one year later, I'm replacing the bag. Getting the exact same bag, same color, same size... without the white stitching. The bag itself was over three hundred dollars, and I had to pay an extra fifty dollars to make the stitching tone on tone. It's just my pet peeve - it looks too tacky.

dukedvl

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2008
I also like Maroo cases. It's a little bulkier than some cases but offers good protection. Luckily I waited long enough and they started a 50% off sale today that runs through tomorrow at 12:30pm Pacific time.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I sprung for a Portenzo Moleskine clone just because I've been wanting one since iPad 2.

When it's not in the Portenzo, I'll put a new Gelaskin on that back and my old pink SmartCover and InCase neoprene sleeve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.