iPhone Messages and Facetime, phone number not registering...

Stefdar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Hi all,
I have a problem with iOS 13, with both beta1 and 2. My Messages and Facetime get registered only with my iCloud account and not the phone number (Vodafone Greece SIM).

My cellular (mobile) settings also changed to a "Primary" number with all the subsettings lost, as you can see in the photo.

Even when I try to restore iOS 13 as new, after 10 minutes my settings become like this.
4G becomes "LTE" and I can't register my phone number with Messages and Facetime.

Any idea would be appreciated, (already tried "reset network settings", remove SIM, etc).

IMG_0002.PNG IMG_0003.PNG

TimFL1

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
It can sometimes take several days for your phone number to activate for iMessage. Had the same issue back when the Xs launched. Apple Support suggested I wait for 48h cause of the influx of iMessage activations coming in (due to new phones).

This being the first 13 beta with a profile could mean loads of people jumping on, congesting their activation servers for phone numbers.

If it‘s still not activated in 2 days, it‘s probably a bug.

ajayjp

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2016
It can sometimes take several days for your phone number to activate for iMessage. Had the same issue back when the Xs launched. Apple Support suggested I wait for 48h cause of the influx of iMessage activations coming in (due to new phones).

This being the first 13 beta with a profile could mean loads of people jumping on, congesting their activation servers for phone numbers.

If it‘s still not activated in 2 days, it‘s probably a bug.
I have seen issues with some international providers mostly prepaid if international text option is disabled. I guess it needs to send an international txt to activate the iMessage.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201422