Messages group sent without being "group sent"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryandrew, Feb 17, 2013.

1. bryandrew macrumors newbie

I'm work for an IT company in a small city. I was doing some work on a iPhone for a client when another person came into the office where I was working and asked me to help with a problem. She proceeded to tell me that her kids (which are on a plan with her) were receiving her text messages everytime she sent or received one. She gave me her contact information and asked me to help....told this person I would catch up on Monday which would give me some time to research it. Friday evening I get a text from the person telling me that the son would take care of it and it had something to do with iCloud. What gives? Anyone ever heard of this? Not a day goes by where I'm not faced with a new problem but never heard of this one and I'm an apple user....I started to wonder if the kids weren't scamming her for some reason.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

If they're all signed in under the same iCloud account, then they will all send/receive the same messages if they're iMessages (iphone-to-iphone messaging). That's the nature of iCloud.

I'm guessing her son figured that out and told her they all needed their own separate iCloud accounts.