messages in the cloud 11.4 not working correctly

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Irishappletech, May 30, 2018.

1. Irishappletech macrumors regular

Hi I have noticed agter updating to 11.4 last night i enabled messages in the cloud i got a pop up saying that the device had to be connected to wifi and plugged in. However i noticed today not all my messages went to iCloud as i did a test on an older iPhone running iOS 11 and only 6 out of my 9 message conversations appeared. I have also noticed when i go to iCloud storage it says messages is taking up 11.1 mb but another section says 4.6 called "Conversations"

Any help really appreciated

2. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

Did you ever at any point prior to this final release install 11.3 or 11.4 beta and use iCloud iMessages?

3. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

No I’m not on the beta program. As a test I deleted the messages as I don’t care that much for them and tried to resync and reset messages in the cloud. Still no joy

4. atlchamp macrumors 68000

atlchamp

Odd. Idk man

5. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. if i turn off the option does that mean the messages will push to my devices and not stay in the cloud. but if its enabled it keeps a copy in iCloud and pushes to all your devices. In other words how do i download a copy to my devices even if their in iCloud

6. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

OP are you sayin some message convos you had on one device and not another didn’t push to the device they were not on originally ?

Mine didn’t either but I wasn’t expecting that. Everything else works fine.

7. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

No for example I had 6 messages on my phone when I set up a new iPhone only 4 out of the 6 came through to the older iPhone but I deleted all the messages and starting fresh as I don’t care for saving messages etc works well otherwise

8. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

any idea what the "conversations" tab means when you go to iCloud <manage stroage><Messages> you will see something called "Conversations" any idea what this is and for me it says zero KB but messages itself in the settings (one step back) says ive 138.3 kb

9. CTHarrryH macrumors 68000

I thought all devices had to be on at least 11.4 for the correct cloud syncing to be made. was the older phone also on 11.4

10. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

11. Peepo macrumors 6502a

Ya I had issues. My iPhone X and iPad mini 4 worked but I could not get my iPad Pro syncing properly after a couple days. I ended up disabling all three devices then deleted messages and started all from scratch now. I notice that as soon as I enabled message in cloud it is taking up over a gig with nothing in it. My original messages where 4.8 gb before i deleted.

12. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

That happened to me too it fixed itself. What I have noticed is when an iCloud backup is done I’ve notice the amount change so perhaps iCloud backup is another secondary feature for messages in the cloud. Try manually do an iCloud backup and see if that fixes the issue

13. Peepo macrumors 6502a

Ok it fixed itself now by itself and messages is only using 192K iCloud storage.
    Not sure why Apple is having these issues with it considering it’s long delay.

14. Irishappletech thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah. I have 164kb stored in iCloud. What is the “conversations” tab that says I have zero kb but I have 164 kb stored it’s wierd

Attached Files: