Messages showing up on my Ipad but not my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vandrv, Jan 13, 2016.

1. vandrv macrumors regular

I have done a search but don't see an answer to my problem. I have a friend that sent me a text message from an Iphone that showed up on my Ipad and my Mac but not on my Iphone. This has never happened before. I sent her a message from my phone and the reply went to my Mac. I don't know if this is something on my end or hers. If I open messages on the Mac or Ipad it shows a conversation thread that doesn't show up on my Iphone. I assume that somehow my phone is not set up to receive these messages. Any ideas as to what settings need to be changed would be appreciated. The phone is an Iphone 6s running the latest IOS if this makes a difference. Thanks

2. bcave098 macrumors 6502

bcave098

How are the settings configured in Settings > Messages? Make sure iMessage is turned on and your phone number is checked in Send & Receive. If not, turn iMessage off and back on.

3. vandrv thread starter macrumors regular

My phone is set up like this. I have not changed any settings. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with my friends phone. Should the imessages that are sent to my phone number show up in messages on my Ipad or computer?

4. bcave098 macrumors 6502

bcave098

If all of the devices are signed in to the same Apple ID with iMessage enabled, and the phone number checked on all devices, it is expected behaviour. If all the settings appear correct, you can try turning iMessage off then back on.