Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simplyiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
I was at ultra music festival today and I had a metal gate closed on my leg pretty hard.... So hard I have a bad bruise and a bent iPhone 5 with a shattered top part of the screen and the back part where camera is also smashed. The phone still works and everything and both cameras work fine but I just wanted to know if apple care will cover this and how much will it cost thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 548

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
That's pretty interesting.

AC+, if you have it, will replace it for $50. If didn't buy AC+ when you got your phone, they'll replace it for $229.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
I'm guessing you didn't have a case? I slammed skateboarding a few days ago and landed all my weight on my side with my iPhone in my front pocket in a case. I broke my hip...the iPhone's fine.

Simplyiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
Honestly I got hit so hard a soft case wouldn't even matter I needed like a life proof or otter box type case

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 200

Simplyiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
Yea a rubber case would've of bent with the phone and a silicon case would've just cracked and I am going to try to make it to apple this week to replace it and I am pretty sure when they see it in person there jaws are going to drop lol pictures don't do the damage justice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 170

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
What were you trying to do at the festival when the gate closed on you? If you weren't doing something "wrong", then maybe you can have them pay for damages.

Last edited:

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
What were you trying to do at the festival when the gate closed on you? If you weren't doing something "wrong", then maybe you can have them pay for damages.

Yea, I'd be speaking to a personal injury attorney right now.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I was at ultra music festival today and I had a metal gate closed on my leg pretty hard.... So hard I have a bad bruise and a bent iPhone 5 with a shattered top part of the screen and the back part where camera is also smashed. The phone still works and everything and both cameras work fine but I just wanted to know if apple care will cover this and how much will it cost thanks

The iPhone saved your life.

Simplyiphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
Yea i have apple care and i already talk to apple they are going to replace it for me. I cant wait to see the look on there face when i bring the iphone in for replacement lol :eek:

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Our grandparents weep when they hear our generation make statements like this ^ :rolleyes:

Hey OP I may have missed it but do you have applecare, I bought it for the first time with the 5 so would like to know how things turn out for you.

Oh, I missed where the OP admitted to being at fault here...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.