Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Can you believe this happened in the liberal bastion of civilization, we call New York? I'm totally shocked that this wasn't in some backwater town in Arkansas. I really would have thought that in The Big Apple, the police would be far better trained.

Someone better contact the union for these officers, trust me they won't be fired.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
So the Jolly Ranchers were wrapped in Jolly Ranchers wrappers and they were in front of a candy store, but somehow the police still thought it was Meth. If that isn't the most obvious harassment and false arrest, then those police don't have the the sense to be on the field. They deserve to get fired or desk duty for the remainder of their careers.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Can you believe this happened in the liberal bastion of civilization, we call New York? I'm totally shocked that this wasn't in some backwater town in Arkansas. I really would have thought that in The Big Apple, the police would be far better trained.

Someone better contact the union for these officers, trust me they won't be fired.
So instead of just talking about the officers involved, you have to blast the entire city of New York, blame liberalism, and call out unions.. Notwithstanding the fact that local LEOs in your area and state are part of unions as well.

But keep it up. it's classy.

BL.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom

There are stupid officers in every state. It has nothing to do with it being in New York.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
So instead of just talking about the officers involved, you have to blast the entire city of New York, blame liberalism, and call out unions.. Notwithstanding the fact that local LEOs in your area and state are part of unions as well.

But keep it up. it's classy.

BL.
No union police in my area. Maybe in the big city of Atlanta but not around these parts.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
A field test of the Jolly Ranchers allegedly tested "positive," though an NYPD lab test later concluded that they were not in fact meth. But apparently the field test was never actually conducted.
:rolleyes: This is just an example of the NYPD messing with innocent people.

iBanker

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2014
46th floor
I always think... can this country produce something stupider than the last stupidest thing? And I never seem to be disappointed - can't wait for the next one.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
I always think... can this country produce something stupider than the last stupidest thing? And I never seem to be disappointed - can't wait for the next one.
Next year's news story ........ Officers arrest two suspects for small amount of crack possession found in the vehicle of a routine traffic stop. Turns out the crack found was not actually crack, lab reports state the the so-called crack is actually toe nails. Suspects are now suing the city for emotional anguish and getting fired from their jobs. :p

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Next year's news story ........ Officers arrest two suspects for small amount of crack possession found in the vehicle of a routine traffic stop. Turns out the crack found was not actually crack, lab reports state the the so-called crack is actually toe nails. Suspects are now suing the city for emotional anguish and getting fired from their jobs. :p
I smoked banana peels back in the day but I always drew the line at toenails.