Metronome being picked up in Logic pro when I record anything (DI and Mic)

Rihodo777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2014
I have recorded many things using Logic and I am just now experiencing issues with the metronome. The clicks are being recorded into my tracks even when I put the output all the way down. I am using a Tascam US-366 interface and at the moment I am trying to record guitar through DI for preproduction. Im getting extremely frustrated and I have run out of options with google. Thanks for the help everyone! Cheers!

-Rich

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I have recorded many things using Logic and I am just now experiencing issues with the metronome. The clicks are being recorded into my tracks even when I put the output all the way down. I am using a Tascam US-366 interface and at the moment I am trying to record guitar through DI for preproduction. Im getting extremely frustrated and I have run out of options with google. Thanks for the help everyone! Cheers!

-Rich
The metronome is in your headphones or over the speaker? You didn't say but is this an electric guitar?

Does the us-366 have a built-in mixer? Maybe a software controlled one? That might be the route the the clicks are using to get into the recording.

Also you don't say but I assume you've muted the click track on playback.

Rihodo777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2014
Yes it's an electric guitar DI through my interface. It does have a built in mixer and I have muted it. It even records the metronome clicks when I record literally nothing. A simple audio track, clicked "r". Pressed r to record and the click is recorded. I'm baffled. Thanks for the fast reply and help!

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Yes it's an electric guitar DI through my interface. It does have a built in mixer and I have muted it. It even records the metronome clicks when I record literally nothing. A simple audio track, clicked "r". Pressed r to record and the click is recorded. I'm baffled. Thanks for the fast reply and help!

I don't have the same audio interface so I've never seen this problem. I bet it has to do with the box not working like you think or beinbg broken.

You can verify it's the audio interface with unplugging it and doing a low-tech recording using the Mac's built in audio hardware, just recording the audio jack and the built-in microphone. If that fixes the problem then blame the interface and/or it's driver software.

Rihodo777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2014
I learned that it's only if I have my output in logic set to my interface. I can record everything normally using just the built in output. So, I guess it has to do with my interface and nothing else. Thanks for the help bud