Mi Max 3 - 6.9” phone for $259

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by tonybarnaby, Dec 21, 2018.

1. tonybarnaby macrumors 68000

Anyone into big phones like this? This is one of the biggest phones available, along with the more expensive honor note 8x max (7.1”)

It’s a very attractive $259. It has most of the lte bands that we need from what I can see. Also has a non amoled screen, for those who are interested. I’ve never had a phone larger than the 6.4” Note, and this is a fraction of the cost. If one plus or Motorola made this, I would already own it. My only holdup is the fact I know nothing about Xiaomi. Any experience with them?

Attached Files:

2. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

I used the Mi Max 2 before and the battery lasted 2 days with intensive usage, the screen was huge but it looked dull and not as bright as an iPhone LCD. I'm pretty sure the Note 3 will be similar only larger, also considering the price it's worth it although as I barely trust Chinese OEM's I'd root it and install a custom Rom.

3. tonybarnaby thread starter macrumors 68000

I’d never do any banking or purchases on it. Just use it for Spotify, Reddit and forums

4. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Then I would recommend it for media consumption since the screen is huge and the battery life is superb.