Mic gadget says Chinese case makers are starting mass production of iPhone 5 cases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AIP5, Sep 1, 2011.

1. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

So Mic gadget reported that the iPhone 5 cases we saw earlier were "everywhere" in China a few weeks ago.

Now they're saying that the case makers are starting full fledged mass production of those cases with those dimensions.

http://micgadget.com/15182/iphone-5-cases-are-now-everywhere-in-china-part-2/

I dunno guys. If the case makers are this confident in the dimensions of the new iPhone so as to mass produce them nearly a month before its even announced... just seems interesting to say the least. :)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Cases are incredibly cheap to manufacture but are sold at a high price tag ($20-$30 ea), so its not that they are confident that these dimensions are correct, they are just taking a gamble and hoping to be correct so that they can be first to the market with their cases. If they are wrong, its not that big of a lose.

Many of these companies see a rumor and jump on that bandwagon and hope they are right.

Rumor, Product

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. AIP5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm, I think you're right. I just find it interesting though, not convincing, but just interesting that they're willing to produce these cases knowing full well that the product's not even out yet... or if it will look like that or not.

4. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

5. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

History shows that these case manufactures have actual casings to work with... There's no guesswork.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

What I meant by guessing is that until it is announced by Apple, they are not 100% sure that their molds are going to be what Apple actually releases (for example, the images I posted above).

The camera in that iPod touch above may have been a real design by Apple, but that product was never released (so in that sense, case makers did take a gamble).

7. Muro macrumors 6502

Where are the official Apple cases been made also in China? If so you can bet your ass on it that there is no guessing then and they actual make these based on the exact measurements. Just like in fashion the sketches of a genuine line are sold/traded to different ateliers to rip of complete clothinglines for the cheaper black market. And Apple cant do a thing about it as Chinese authorities wont coöperate, see the Apple counterfitstore in China.

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If third party Chinese case makers had "exact measurements" to work with, the iPod thing (above) wouldn't have happened. :p

9. Reach9, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011

Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

It seems very probable that this is it. There have been numerous identical cases, and heck, it was because of the iPad 2 case we were able to analyze so much about it, which came true..before the official announcement.

Let's see here.. those cases seem like they would fit these really well:

[​IMG]

And now the iPhoto Stream icon:

[​IMG]

And these cases from 9to5Mac, which were posted a while ago:

[​IMG]

I don't know, it seems like Apple's super secret iPhone is coming together.

God, the iPhone 4 looks hideous compared to just the basic sketch of the rumored iPhone 5.