Michael Jordan vs the President

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Nov 5, 2014.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So Michael Jordan said he would kick the president's ass at golf, Now the president is telling Jordan to mind his own business and worry about his NBA team.

Seems both sides are more worried about golf than their actual day jobs.
    http://www.golfchannel.com/news/grill-room/obama-mj-worry-about-your-nba-team-not-my-game/

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Are you ****ing kidding me MacNut?

Yes, Obama is devoting soooo much time worrying about golf and Michael Jordan and this statement was in no a way a softball BS interview.

What the hell is the point of this thread? Do you really believe that the President is expending any energy or time on this "issue"?

:rolleyes:

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Honestly I thought it was stupid that these 2 are getting into a golf fight. Plus this thread isn't about a campaign. Trying to throw something different here.

4. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Although I didn't care for Michael Jordan the person, I have significant appreciation and admiration for his exceptional skill and accomplishments as a player.

I will say prior to B. H. O. being elected on his hope and change platform, I was suitably impressed and believed he would be the uniter he campaigned as. Bush left a disaster so bad i couldn't stand to listen to him.

Tragically the real person wasn't visible until the golf games overtook his other priorities except dividing, pointing the finger, raging at any and all who were not yes men & women, and drawing meaningless red lines. Yes I fell for the ruse. Paid for it too. My that was bad. Still is.

But at least I'm in very good company :)

5. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

He was referring to this

Hopefully it was sarcastic...

6. malman89 macrumors 68000

They should both just be quiet. I'm sure Jordan is a superior golfer than Obama, as it has basically been his main passion since retiring. Obama is right regarding his team, though, as he has a terrible track record as an owner.

Both right, both stupid. Non-story.

7. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Jordan is a very competitive gambler, he'd lose it if Obama beat him - I say game on!

8. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Although I think MJ is the greatest basketball player ever, he is a small and uninteresting person outside of basketball. He is similar in that sense to Lance Armstrong, who was a great cyclist (doping, drugs, and all) but a pathetic human being off of the bike.

9. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

My question is why is the president even responding to Jordan. Is he that insecure about what is being said about his golf game? Should it even matter what MJ says.

Of all the things wrong with this country, Obama is going to go after Jordan's comments?

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

same