Michigan official stands by call for killing of all Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jul 13, 2017.

1. steve knight, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

quality person here. sad there are plenty that will agree with him.

https://apnews.com/d3f16af12b3e4863a262f85f690d5fd0

2. samcraig macrumors P6

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I would love to hear exactly how :D

4. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

The guy is no better than Bin Laden. I hope he is successfully run out of office in a recall election.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

If you can't figure that out from what the official said and Trump's position then that's on you. Sometimes I think you just comment and don't actually read anything someone posts.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

actually it's on you. here let me help you out.
    by all means show trump proposing the same thing... since Obama BOMBED more countries that even Bush, Obama is far closer to the officials view than trump is.......

7. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

he opened his mouth?

8. samcraig macrumors P6

No thanks. But I love that you brought Obama into the conversation. I stand by my post. Trump amp'd up the hate for any/all muslims among his followers. If you choose to ignore that - that's on you.

9. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Well...I'm not sure I would agree that Trump is enabling this clown.

I would agree that Trump's caustic rhetoric might have emboldened him though. But like @jkcerda said, Trump has never said he wanted to kill Muslims. He doesn't want them here, but he doesn't want them dead as far as I know.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

love how you deflected from Obama bombing more than trump and being more in line with the guy who spouted out his stupidity .

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It's simple. Trump wanted to restrict the same 7 Islamic countries that Obama did. That's the same as wishing a Nuclear Holocaust.:confused:

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Love how I can stay on topic to the OP.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

actually you brought trump in when it was not mentioned,,,,,,,,,,,, and then pretended to be on topic by once again deflecting from the fact Obama is more in line with the POS officials view based on Obamas ACTIONS........

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Actually no - the article and official refers to Trump specifically: "Sieting said his comments are protected by the First Amendment and that those trying to oust him from office are only doing so because they oppose President Donald Trump."

No deflection. It's a false equivalence to refer to Obama's actions vs Trump's rhetoric before getting elected and since. I know you hate Obama and will bring him into every conversation - regardless of whether it's warranted.It's all good. Maybe it's the head injury? ;)

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

If you watched just about any of his campaign stops, you either would not ask that question or I've been giving you more credit than you deserve.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

NOT A false equivalency you simply don't like the fact Obama is has done far more to kill Muslims that even Bush did, I will stand corrected as I did not read trumps name on the quote.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 13, 2017 ---
    try post 6.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

What I like is irrelevant. Trump has incited people in this country against Muslims. Hence he has been an enabler. See post #2. Thanks and have a nice day.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you spelled "terrorist" wrong.........

19. samcraig macrumors P6

No - I didn't.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so ALL Muslims are terrorist to you?

21. Huntn, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Post 6 does not answer enabler. For the purpose of this discussion, incitement = enabler.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

Please get checked out. I sincerely think your head injury is affecting your posts. At no time did I ever say that. Not remotely. Not even close. In fact - I find it offensive you would even joke or try to make that assertion.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

trump is trying to keep the terrorist out, it does NOT apply to ALL Muslims and proof is that NOT EVERY Muslim nation was on the ban, he had the wrong nations BUT that is a different story.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

You're missing the mark. Unless you are saying that those who support Trump care about which Muslims and that none of them have been encouraged by Trump's rhetoric on the campaign trail and afterwards to want all Muslims gone.

PS - we know there's at least one right? Because it's pretty clear in the OP that the official feels justified. Maybe you don't understand what being enabled means. If not - my apologies.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

extremely low bar set there..............o_O

apology accepted :);)