micro sim to nano sim

tbluhp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Is their any adapter or another tool that would convert micro sim to nano?

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Yes you can buy a cutter on Amazon or eBay or any store that carries it. Or you can cut it yourself. I did the latter and it works fine.

tbluhp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Yes you can buy a cutter on Amazon or eBay or any store that carries it. Or you can cut it yourself. I did the latter and it works fine.
I am not sure of one to buy most of them are nano to micro but none are micro to nano?

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
did it myself the other day , cut down my sim card to fit the nano sim tray , you have to cut into the sim card contacts it didn't affect anything, I had to sand off the edges using a scissor ( I didn't have sand paper and was really anxious to activate , it worked :D

ANMA dojo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
ebay: "nano-sim cutter". tons of results starting around $12.

they seem to all function: normal-sim -> nano-sim

none seem to offer direct micro-sim -> nano-sim
to do so requires two steps:
1) put your micro-sim into a provided sim-adapter -> normal-sim
2) put normal-sim into the cutter -> nano-sim

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Boulder, CO
did you guys forgot about the thickness though?
Sandpaper. Realistically, the difference in thickness is not great enough to matter unless you're constantly taking the sim out and putting it back in (it catches a little bit when sliding in). I know this from experience. I cut down my Orange IL sim card and put it in my iPhone 5 because I thought it was unlocked. It's not :(.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
My local AT&T store just five minutes away gives out new ones (of any size) for free. Why anyone would prefer to do it themselves is rather odd.

aleni

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2006
go to iphonezen.com and download a pdf there, print it as the 100% original size. then cut it yourself. i did this and it worked without needing to use the sand paper to shave it off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.