Microcell users - 4s battery fixed without

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mbob, Nov 13, 2011.

1. mbob macrumors member

I Fixed my 4s battery woes after 5.01 with 2 steps

1. Disabled the Siri raise to speak

2. Unplugged my Microcell - I think this is the winner for me. I bought the at&t microcell after I could no longer disable 3G on the 4s like I did on my old 3GS and I thought the phone going in and out of 3g coverage constantly at my home was the cause of my battery leak. It seemed to help with the initial iOS 5 but when the update came out I knew things were not quite right still because I was only getting 3-4 hrs usage and charging every day.

So I unplugged the Microcell and the phone sticks in 2G more now then before the update I think and I am getting my normal 6-7hrs usage and 2 days before needing a charge now. I'm going to re-enable raise to speak after I charge back up since I think the Microcell got it.

Can anyone else with Microcells comment on how their battery usage are?

2. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Microcells?

3. alotlikehomer macrumors newbie

I have a Microcell and my battery is awful. Less than a day standby with less than an hour usage.

4. mbob thread starter macrumors member

And what was the battery like on the Microcell before iOS 5?

5. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Same. I think my battery life improved notably by disabling my microcell. My ip4 was fine on it but whatever it takes. My service is actually good to decent, just some small holes in my apartment I was trying to cover up.

6. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I've noticed this as well. I spoke with microcell support and they said an update was on its way. Here's hoping because I can't get a phone signal without it.

7. alotlikehomer macrumors newbie

Battery life was fine on IP4 w/ Microcell. 4S now drains super fast.

8. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Microcell is god awful for battery life on my 4S (and I've had 3 of them so far to confirm this).

When I'm at home I simply turn on airplane mode and turn on wifi. If someone needs to get ahold of me they text me through Google Voice or iMessage and I turn off airplane mode and call them w/ the Microcell.

Any moment I'm at home where I'm not calling = Airplane mode + WiFi