Microsoft app tallies caucus votes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Feb 1, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Out of the goodness of their hearts (sarc), microsoft (Clinton campaign supporter) donated their service to count the caucus votes in Iowa with a new app that both parties are now using. The Sanders camp questioned microsoft's *generosity*.

I firmly believe that electronic tallying of votes is ripe for corruption and tampering, and that all states should stick to paper ballots. What do you think about this?.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/267586-microsoft-on-the-hot-seat-in-iowa

quote:
    "The Microsoft apps will be replacing a phone reporting system used in 2008 and 2012 that required precincts to report their results through a touchtone keypad — increasing the potential for human error.

The Microsoft app allows only credentialed users to report results and will require precincts to double-check the results before they are sent off. It also has a way to flag anomalies and will give the public and press quicker access once the results are reported to headquarters.

Not everyone is happy about Microsoft’s involvement.

Pete D’Alessandro, who runs the Sanders operation in Iowa, last week questioned the tech giant’s motivations. However, the campaign declined to expand on its concerns after multiple requests for clarification.

Other aides to Sanders noted that Microsoft employees have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Clinton campaign, according to MSNBC. "

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

3. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Not sure if you read my post, I only trust paper ballot voting.