Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wolven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2003
I'm looking at getting the Microsoft Optical Desktop for Bluetooth (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/keyboard/wodbt_info.asp)

They say that it won't work on Macs :( , but I have heard that it is possible??? :confused:

If it is possible how much functionality do you lose?:confused:

Has anyone tested one of these under OS X? :confused:

Any input or suggestions would be great.

Cheers :D

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Although I haven't used this, my guess would be that at worst the special functions included wouldn't work under OS X (are those CD controls? Sorry, didn't read the description.) Or at VERY worst the entire thing wouldn't work.

I've had hardware listed as not supported or not listed at all, work fine on Macs ... though they worked under OS X better.

sky131

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2003
Rumors have been flying around about an Apple branded Bluetooth keyboard and mouse setup. You might want to wait and see if this rumor materializes.

We all know that if you got out and buy the M$ Bluetooth setup then the Apple setup will come exactly 30 days after you bought it meaning that you can't return it to the store. If you wait, then the Apple Bluetooth stuff will never materialize.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.