You're right it is a fire hazard but only if you microwave paper or other easily ignitable materials. For example in my above post when I suggested microwaving a bag of potato chips, after I microwaved an empty bag I microwaved a full bag. It burst into flames because of the high oil and fat content of the chips.thecow said:Yup. It's fine. I heard that the only reason that you shouldn't metal and stuff like that in the microwave is that it's a fire hazard. I don't think that a few sparks for about 10 seconds is that much of a fire hazard.
Not remotely! It's extinguisher (next time, try typing ex then hold down opt and esc and you'll get a list of all the words that match - much easier than struggling yourself.puckhead193 said:fire estignusiher (did i spell that right)
i take it you know from experience? perhaps drunken ones?tpjunkie said:doing that is a remarkably cheap form of entertainment, as is trying other objects with bits of metal in them, especially if the microwave doesn't belong to you or you're gonna junk it anyway