Middle school teacher provides ‘full-contact’ lap dance for birthday boy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iBlazed, Apr 25, 2014.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I literally laughed the entire time I was reading this. It's hilarious when you get past the fact that it's so very wrong.
    My favorite part:
    Sorry for the conservative circle jerk source

2. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

3. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Geez. All my teachers did for me on my birthday was send me off to detention. Well, I did get paddled a few times, but there wasn't anything kinky about it.

4. iBlazed, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014

iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Maybe not for you.....

5. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

If the boy were to say that he welcomed and enjoyed it, could she be off the hook?

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

They could've at least taken me out for dinner first...

I HAVE FEELINGS TOO, MS. MCCURDY!

7. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

8. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

In Texas? Probably....

9. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

10. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Think how differently this would be reported and responded to if it involved a 42 year old male teacher and a girl on her 15th birthday.

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Oh, the pitchforks and torches would be handed out freely.

Thing is, we're not thinking about this objectively. While we can appreciate the overall wrongness of the situation, we can't help but think what Southern Dad said above.

...even though we're not considering, were that to happen, a lapdance from our 7th grade teacher would've just ended up scaring the hell out of all of us when we were 12 years old.

Especially my 7th grade teacher. I don't think she could've squatted without breaking both her hips.

12. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Was just about to say this. Females who do things like have sex with their pupils don't get nearly as much of a hard time as males who do so...

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Must resist.... Family website...

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

My god. It's full of jokes.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

16. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Oh wow, I just got what I wrote :eek:

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Ah the jokes just write themselves.

18. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

My Kindergarten through 5th grade years, I had penguins for teachers. The mere thought of one of them doing a lap dance could destroy a mind.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Very true. There definitely isn't any equality in situations like this.

20. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

That's probably because of the perception of the act of sex itself. It is difficult, if not impossible, for a male to engage in sex with a woman if he does not have an erection. While it is possible for a male to have an erection without being aroused, we usually don't consider erections to occur without that state of arousal. It thus follows that if a male is aroused and engages in sex then he must have enjoyed it. If a victim enjoyed the crime perpetuated against them, can we really call it a crime?

It's different with a man and a female. If a man is forceful enough, it doesn't matter whether the female is aroused or even actively resisting: the act of sex can still occur. The idea of a vulnerable party being forced into something against their will, that caused both physical and psychological pain, is what spurs the angry calls for harsh punishment.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Because nobody stands up to the men who say he was lucky, or they wish they could have been sexually assaulted by a teacher. We all let it slide, or chuckle and ignore it.

I'm guilty of it too. It's an issue that's very closely tied to that of rape culture.

22. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It is difficult for a female to rape a man if he is absolutely 100% committed to not having sex with the female. However there are factors beyond force alone... I mean, how many times have you heard that if a woman is drunk and doesn't resist sex that it's still rape? Well, if a man was drunk out of his mind and didn't know what he was doing then a sober woman could very well rape him (this happened to a friend of mine, actually).

If a woman is in a position of authority and compels a young boy who doesn't really know what he's doing to have sex with her, this could also have physiological effects.

23. dec. Suspended

dec.

And it also it has something to do with the "trophy mentality". I remember when I was in my teens, some guys had the reputation of being "very popular with the girls", others looked up to them while the girls who were "very popular with the guys" basically were sluts. Also - at least if you go by the cliché - it seems that fathers are far more protective of their daughters than they are of their sons. Weird stuff.

24. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

This is an absolutely untrue statement. The man getting aroused has nothing to do with consent. A woman can most certainly rape a man whether he wants to or not. I was involved with the court-martial of a woman who had raped several men. The men were actually afraid to come forward for just that reason. They believed that because they had become aroused, they had no case.

25. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

That is an old but very true statement! ;) I doubt it will ever change and is becoming more true every year.