Middle school teacher provides ‘full-contact’ lap dance for birthday boy

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I literally laughed the entire time I was reading this. It's hilarious when you get past the fact that it's so very wrong.
My favorite part:
It’s not clear if the kid enjoyed the lap dance. However, he admitted that he did slap Smith’s ass a couple times.
Prosecutors in Houston, Texas charged a middle school teacher because she gave a full-on lap dance to a boy for his birthday in front of an entire class of no-doubt impressed preteens.

The teacher, Felicia Smith, staged the lap dance in her classroom at Stovall Middle School on February 26, reports local CBS affiliate KHOU.

When police interviewed the unnamed student, he said Smith, 42, had seductively placed a school chair in front of the classroom after the tardy bell rang. Music began to play – from some undisclosed source – and several students in the class began yelling raucously that the birthday boy should sit down in the chair.

Once the kid sat down, the fortysomething teacher gave him what was perhaps his first full-contact lap dance. According to a police report, Smith did the thing where she turned around and swiveled her butt on the middle school student. She rubbed her hands all over his body. She also got down on her knees and stuck her head between the boy’s legs.

It’s not clear if the kid enjoyed the lap dance. However, he admitted that he did slap Smith’s ass a couple times.

The incident lasted a little over three-and-a-half minutes — presumably the duration of the song that was playing. It’s not clear which song was chosen for the special occasion.

At the end of the lap dance, Smith hugged the boy and told him, “I love you, baby. Happy birthday,” according to KHOU.

When police questioned Smith, she said she provided the lap dance at the urging of students in the class. She noted that she almost fell down a few times while performing the acrobatics required of the lap dance.

Somebody – it’s not clear who – apparently filmed the spectacle. The Harris County district attorney and the Aldine, Texas police department both have copies of the video.

Smith faces a single criminal charge: improper relationship with student. She is free on a $30,000 bond.

A statement released by the local school district explained that Smith “was removed from the campus during the investigation and has not returned.”

It’s not clear if she is still being paid while her criminal case meanders through the court system.
Sorry for the conservative circle jerk source

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
Think how differently this would be reported and responded to if it involved a 42 year old male teacher and a girl on her 15th birthday.

Renzatic

Suspended
Think how differently this would be reported and responded to if it involved a 42 year old male teacher and a girl on her 15th birthday.
Oh, the pitchforks and torches would be handed out freely.

Thing is, we're not thinking about this objectively. While we can appreciate the overall wrongness of the situation, we can't help but think what Southern Dad said above.

...even though we're not considering, were that to happen, a lapdance from our 7th grade teacher would've just ended up scaring the hell out of all of us when we were 12 years old.

Especially my 7th grade teacher. I don't think she could've squatted without breaking both her hips.

Ledgem

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
Was just about to say this. Females who do things like have sex with their pupils don't get nearly as much of a hard time as males who do so...
That's probably because of the perception of the act of sex itself. It is difficult, if not impossible, for a male to engage in sex with a woman if he does not have an erection. While it is possible for a male to have an erection without being aroused, we usually don't consider erections to occur without that state of arousal. It thus follows that if a male is aroused and engages in sex then he must have enjoyed it. If a victim enjoyed the crime perpetuated against them, can we really call it a crime?

It's different with a man and a female. If a man is forceful enough, it doesn't matter whether the female is aroused or even actively resisting: the act of sex can still occur. The idea of a vulnerable party being forced into something against their will, that caused both physical and psychological pain, is what spurs the angry calls for harsh punishment.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Very true. There definitely isn't any equality in situations like this.
Because nobody stands up to the men who say he was lucky, or they wish they could have been sexually assaulted by a teacher. We all let it slide, or chuckle and ignore it.

I'm guilty of it too. It's an issue that's very closely tied to that of rape culture.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
That's probably because of the perception of the act of sex itself. It is difficult, if not impossible, for a male to engage in sex with a woman if he does not have an erection. While it is possible for a male to have an erection without being aroused, we usually don't consider erections to occur without that state of arousal. It thus follows that if a male is aroused and engages in sex then he must have enjoyed it. If a victim enjoyed the crime perpetuated against them, can we really call it a crime?

It's different with a man and a female. If a man is forceful enough, it doesn't matter whether the female is aroused or even actively resisting: the act of sex can still occur. The idea of a vulnerable party being forced into something against their will, that caused both physical and psychological pain, is what spurs the angry calls for harsh punishment.
It is difficult for a female to rape a man if he is absolutely 100% committed to not having sex with the female. However there are factors beyond force alone... I mean, how many times have you heard that if a woman is drunk and doesn't resist sex that it's still rape? Well, if a man was drunk out of his mind and didn't know what he was doing then a sober woman could very well rape him (this happened to a friend of mine, actually).

If a woman is in a position of authority and compels a young boy who doesn't really know what he's doing to have sex with her, this could also have physiological effects.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Because nobody stands up to the men who say he was lucky, or they wish they could have been sexually assaulted by a teacher. We all let it slide, or chuckle and ignore it.

I'm guilty of it too. It's an issue that's very closely tied to that of rape culture.
And it also it has something to do with the "trophy mentality". I remember when I was in my teens, some guys had the reputation of being "very popular with the girls", others looked up to them while the girls who were "very popular with the guys" basically were sluts. Also - at least if you go by the cliché - it seems that fathers are far more protective of their daughters than they are of their sons. Weird stuff.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
It is difficult for a female to rape a man if he is absolutely 100% committed to not having sex with the female.
This is an absolutely untrue statement. The man getting aroused has nothing to do with consent. A woman can most certainly rape a man whether he wants to or not. I was involved with the court-martial of a woman who had raped several men. The men were actually afraid to come forward for just that reason. They believed that because they had become aroused, they had no case.