Might as well wait till the holidays?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple-cs, Sep 21, 2013.

1. apple-cs macrumors member

If you think about it, it's already been pushed back to October, so I thought well, I might as well wait until the holidays, we'll it's going to be even harder to get for the holidays this phone will probably never be available.

To be honest, only about 60 phones were at the stores to begin with. The 5s is not easy to make I assume.

Question is, is it worth waiting that long?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Uhm, people already have them in hand. It's pretty much available, just hard to come by. As with all iPhone launches, the supply chain catches up with demand in a couple months, probably even by the end of October. Until then, people will continue to get them in drubs and drabs.

3. apple-cs thread starter macrumors member

I haven't seen that many people that were able to get them. The majority of people at our store walked away empty handed.

Not sure why we should have to wait for phones to be made in the first place. If the iPhone was being released, you'd think it would be released.

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I made sure I didn't have to wait until the holidays by getting one on launch day.

I wouldn't wait until the holidays if I were you.

5. apple-cs thread starter macrumors member

How many people were able to get one where you live? At my store they only had 10 silvers and golds.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

I don't understand. Wait until the holidays to even try to get one?

Why not just order online now, and just sit back and wait for it to arrive. October is still before the holidays.

7. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

at rough count over 200 people at the store i went to got phones. i stopped counting after awhile. They handed out tickets to guarantee a phone about 1 hour prior to launch. And i didn't see any people drive home when the employees came back after going to the back of the line.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

Where is that? In Chicago, where I was, at 4:00pm they had plenty of Verizon stock and 64GB AT&T models on hand. No gold, but phones nonetheless.

9. apple-cs thread starter macrumors member

We don't know when in October, it could be pushed back as far is October 21st or later.

It just seems like we won't be able to get a phone in a reasonable amount of time before the 6 comes out. We won't even have 12 months to use it.

10. Macinva macrumors 6502

Macinva

Well technically, you'll get exactly 12 months if you got a phone in November and the 6 has the same supply next year. I got my 5 in October as I didn't pre-order and waited a bit, but I'm okay with using it for 11 months versus 12.

It's still worth money to recoup costs.

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

That's why a lot of people only upgrade when their contact is up. Better price and more time to use it.

12. apple-cs thread starter macrumors member

That's not worth the investment, pardon me it's not even an investment. You'd be losing too much money.

The truth is that suppliers have run so far behind that they can't even keep up with annual release cycles. By the time the 5s becomes available it'll be time for the 6.

13. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Purchase online, than look around every view days at Apple Stores or Carriers,Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc. If you find one at any of the stores, than cancel the online purchase. This way you might get one some where sooner.

PS: Have to say this OP. Early bird catches the worm story ;)

14. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

If you live near and Appe store, they get shipments every day. I waited in line on Friday and had to settle for space grey. My daughter works in a mall by another Apple store and was walking by and saw the short line outside and asked if they has any gold. They said yes and she. Allied me and I raced over there and got the last one. They had a crap-load of space grey. So it may take a few tries, but if you go a few times you should be able to score.