Might be a dumb question...unlocked vs carrier unlocked on Swappa

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jharvey71884, Jun 19, 2016.

1. jharvey71884 macrumors regular

So I'm getting ready to list an iPhone 6 64Gb that was recently unlocked by Sprint. Got the verification thru iTunes. Never have used Swappa before, but am tired of dealing with EBay.

When I list the phone, should it go in the unlocked section, or in the Sprint iPhone section and say that it's unlocked in the description? I didn't know since it wasn't factory unlocked out of the box, if that made a difference in their question?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd go with unlocked and list in the details that it's a sprint iPhone that is carrier unlocked along with the model number.

3. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

What he said, except I'd just list the model number. Unlocked phones generally sell for the most money, and Sprint phones sell for the least. By listing it as unlocked and providing the model number (A1586 by the way), you're giving the buyer everything they need to know what bands it has and whether it will work fine on their network or not.

In the US, the model you have will work great on every network except T-Mobile, since it lacks band 12 for better coverage and building penetration.

4. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Just wanted to point out that the only iPhones that have band 12 support are the 6S, 6S plus and SE.

5. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Oh, then yeah, doesn't even matter that the 6 is a Sprint model in the US.