Might be dead in the water on this airport extreme dilemma....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AllStarCelica, Jun 21, 2011.

1. AllStarCelica macrumors newbie

I bought an Airport Extreme on May 10th in anticipation of buying a new iMac shortly thereafter. I just purchased the iMac on June 16th and the Airport has been sitting on my desk, still shrink wrapped in the box, waiting to be opened. Since they just updated the Airport Extreme this morning, naturally I'd like to use that one instead of the one I bought :D

Does anyone think I'd be able to return the unopened, still shrink-wrapped Airport Extreme that was purchased roughly 40 days ago for a store credit so I can order the new one? I think I might be dead in the water....hopefully not?

Thanks for your responses!

2. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Probably not. You could try selling it though.

3. AllStarCelica thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i feel resigned to having to ebay it. i feel like i know what my fate is lolol

its interesting though because i called 2 local apple sotres here on long island and one said stright up no and the other emphatically (hope i spelled that right lol) said yes. i just needed to bring my invoice with me. hmmm.....who to believe lol

4. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

well, why not take it to teh Yes store and give it a try.

I'd kind of doubt it but who knows. maybe they'll give you a partial credit on a new one.

5. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

Go to the store that said yes and talk to a manager and be nice. If it doesnt work out then eBay or Craigslist it.