Might be selling my mid-09 15" for a '10 13" questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shadow25, Jun 6, 2010.

1. shadow25 macrumors newbie

I got a pretty good offer on my 15" MBP.

The specs should be in my sig, but I don't know for sure. It's a Mid 2009 15" 2.8Ghz 4GB 500GB Anti Glare

ive been kind of strapped for cash since I lost my job and the new one doesn't start for a couple weeks. So I figured I might as well sell this one and buy a 13 mbp

I'm looking at a base one, and the only thing I lose would be 400mhz and 250GB HD Space. Doesn't matter to me. 15" to 13" would be a nice switch to me.

does the Apple Store take cash? I plan on running down there after selling it to pick up a new one.

What's the preformace difference between the 9600M GT and the 320M? the games I play are Source Games, so they aren't really demanding. If it's playable on medium to high, sounds perfect to me!

My plan is to buy a 15" i7 in Sept for school and give the 13" to my sister since she is starting college.

2. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

You'll lose the anti-glare screen too, the 13" only comes in glossy.

The difference between the 320M and 9600GT is that the former is an integrated GPU with shared system RAM, the latter is a discrete unit with its own GDDR3 memory. The 9600 will outperform the 320M in pretty much all areas.

While your Source games run fine on your 9600 right now,you will incur a performance hit by downgrading to the 320M. How much, I can't say though.

Honestly I don't see the point in doing this, since you're just going straight back to a 15" later in the fall. You aren't gaining anything by doing this. I'd just hang onto the 15" until you get the i7, then give the old 15" to your sister.

3. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

I am still using a 2007 model 15" MacBook Pro and it's still fine for all my needs. I wouldn't even think about selling it for even the newest, fastest 13" model available. You are stupid to give up your nice 2.8GHz 15" MBP for a lower model 13" which for the most part will cramp you up compared to the 15". Yeah, the 13" is a tad bit smaller but the 15" is still very portable by all means. Stay with your 15" then upgrade to the quad-core models when they come out, if you want. By then a SSD model might actually be affordable!

4. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

I don't see a point in foing that, just keep your 15", unless you really need to use some cash...