Mighty & Keyboard Will not Connect! Airport Slow! iTunes wont download!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Third Estate, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Third Estate macrumors newbie

About 5 days ago, I got my new MacBook.
    I play this game called runescape and you just can't play it with a built in mouse >.>

So I disconnected my mouse and keyboard from the iMac and connected it to my MacBook. Everything went fine until I needed to access my files on my iMac..

My mouse and keyboard now won't connect to my iMac whatsoever.
    It is STUCK on the LOGIN PAGE, so do not suggest anything to do with the internal computer.

Like I said, my iMac is great and all, but the damn AIRPORT IS TOO SLOW!
    Idk if something is wrong inside or w/e, but I bought this MacBook for 1.4K and my iMac for 2.2K.
    My damn Macbook in the same spot as the iMac runs faster on the same network.

Why???
    Is there something wrong with it?
    I'm thinking if Im paying an additional 800$ shouldn't it be faster?!
    None the less .... slower?!?

My itunes has great movies and tv shows and music on my iMac, but I want it on my MacBook, everytime I go to authorize, and I authorize the macbook, it wont let me download the files, it says there are none!
    and theres even some tv shows i bought like 5 months ago on my iMac that iTunes will not allow me to download anymore, I no longer have access to things I have paid for??
    HELP?

I know I complain alot, but all I'm expecting is that it's for the cash, so far... Wtf are you smoking?

Ty for the help

2. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Using two Wi-fi devices close to each other can cause one of them have less signal than the other, depending on which one has the better antenna set-up. This may be the reason for your slow-down.

iTunes doesn't work that way. You are allowed, except in special circumstances, to download files only once. The message box that pops up when you use the "Check for Downloads" option and nothing is available gives you the answer: the best way to share iTunes files with other computers you own is to transfer them yourself. I usually use my home network, although, be prepared to wait a several minutes for the transfer to complete.