Mighty mouse not "Exposé - Desktop" on iMac 24"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jon hammersley, May 12, 2009.

1. jon hammersley macrumors newbie

I have an iMac 24" with a mighty mouse. I bought it last year had the mouse set to Exposé - Desktop when clicking the two side buttons and it was working fine for months.

I'm not sure when it happened or what was installed but all of a sudden it has stopped working. I have been into the preferences under the "Keyboard & Mouse" section and the settings are correct, however it still won't work.

If I change the settings for the side button for either Exposé - App Windows or Exposé - All Windows this works fine so the mouse isn't broken, but for the Exposé - Desktop it just won't work!!!

Any ideas or similar problems?

Regards

Jon

2. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

can you set Expose-Desktop up as a keyboard shortcut, see if it will work from that?

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

Try what Rhalliwell1 said. Another thing to try is rebooting the computer, if you haven't already. I've occasionally had weird things like that pop up that were cured by a reboot.

4. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Also open disk utility and repair disk permissions if necessary, that seems to solve some problems too.

5. jon hammersley thread starter macrumors newbie

Weird

I restarted a few times over the last few weeks, no changes.

It was working fine from the Keyboard shortcut.

Today I have come in and was going to try the Disk Utility, before I did anything I tried it on the off chance and for some strange reason it is now working again. Strange.

Thanks anyway.

Jon

6. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a