Migrant crime wave driving Austria's election campaign

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, May 22, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

You know things are bad when a U.N. flack deflects the questions to plead, "Hey, they're not all bad." No wonder the people are turning to the extreme Left and the extreme Right; the political elites have failed them.

More multiculturalism here.

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Let's overtly ignore passages in that article such as:

“There are many examples of Afghans adapting very well to the West,” he said when asked about men from Afghanistan who are unused to seeing women alone in public, or consuming alcohol. If crimes are committed, individuals should be held to account, Mr. Spindler added.

Since example had already been provided...

Okay, so the people described in that article didn't have enough teachers and police to ensure the newcomers obeyed the laws of the land they made their new home. Whether or not that's the complete answer, but the article doesn't seem to go to the sources of the problems. Just saying "migrants did it" and pretend there's nothing more to the story. So it's perfectly to cry "bull" to the emotional massage that puff piece presented.

And, no, I'm not excusing bad behavior. I'm saying what's described doesn't begin to nod at the larger issues. The word "entitlement" comes to mind. Just not for your typical reasons.

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

It's a matter of politics as to which sentence to grab hold of.

On the one hand, "By any measure, the string of crimes has been terrible."

On the other hand, "There are many examples of Afghans adapting very well to the West."

Read the article to absorb the level of brutality being visited upon Austria.

4. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

Actually, "leaning right" in response to nation wrecking is a half measure - I am surprised people are not taking justice into their own hands and pummeling these vulgar intruders wherever they are found.

If justice is not done at the ballot box, and these politicians don't fulfill the promises they made, that is exactly where things are heading, probably in the US as well. Nations have never been subjected to this kind of imported abuse, certainly no where near this scale and with an invading population so large and foreign ... So its anyones guess where this will lead if the powers that be keep letting things go as they are.

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

It's all about the votes.

Obama importing foreigners at America's expense and who will proselytize them into voting democratic. The same diabolical ways that Obama is infiltrating the white suburbs with section 8 cases, so that there's more democratic voters dispersed as far as the eye can see. We voted in a professional agitator, and what we have is a stridently devious man at the helm that does not have America's best interests at heart.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It's certainly clear Merkels migrant policy has failed.
    --- Post Merged, May 23, 2016 ---
    What's a section 8 case?

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Section 8 is subsidized housing. A section 8 in the military means you're nuts. Given the post's author, I'd go with the second.

8. XrayTed, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016

XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

Section 8 is more about entitlements

Taxpayer subsidized housing which enables the "disadvantaged" to infiltrate and ruin once safe, prosperous suburbs that previously was impossible due to economic, and before that, social restraints.

They are really like urban slash & burn nomads. They have previously destroyed their own hoods, right down to the ground ,,, Then they are moved off at taxpayer expense to other areas to spread their blight, destroy and move on from there.
    I have lived it and seen and felt it happen with my very eyes ,,, My sister had to move out of her house, once one of the safest suburbs in the Detroit area, because Section 8 nomads made it a high crime area almost overnight. Nice mowed, green lawns, people out walking dogs ect - Today there are bars going up on windows and only the brave or criminally inclined go out at night. Police runs have increased over 100% since last year, and of course property values have plummeted in a similar fashion.
    Businesses close, they are robbed, burnt and intimidated. The ones left have a ghetto appearance with thick bullet proof glass surrounding the counter, cigarettes and malt liquor make up the majority of sales.

Really a sad, traitorous state of affairs, heads should be rolling over this - And that is Section 8 in a nutshell [wikipedia will no doubt tell you a bit different].

I personally think it is more about entitlement and revenge than politics, but sure, the present powers that be sure aren't sad seeing voting districts artificially stacked up with their destitute, dependent and criminal voting base.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

Section 8 is worse that we thought in a devious Obama iteration.

You'd think it's limited to individual houses, but there are in some suburbs large buildings that are being turned into residences expressly for this purpose. It's another wild Leftist investment opportunity, similar to the global warming craze. You get a chance to muckrake and earn dough, and have all the bragging rights that go along with it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/11/obama-set-force-affordable-housing-affluent-commun/

"Obama set to force affordable housing into affluent communities"

"President Obama wants to “diversify” wealthy neighborhoods in America, and his administration plans to to force affluent communities to accept affordable housing, such as Section 8."

10. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

11. Limey77 macrumors regular

Yes, it's sort of like saying "hey not all Americans are ignorant, gun-toting psychos". Some actually understand the world and how it works, however there is a very vocal minority who might make you think otherwise.

Luckily for the rest of us there are some very simple ways of working out which is which...lets see if you can work out which camp you fall into?

12. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

"Hey, not all Brits are spotty with rotten teeth."

Yea, I suppose that's possible.

13. Limey77 macrumors regular

I'm glad you see the error of your ways and acknowledge your petty racist insecurities.

I'm sure the Afghans will accept our apologies. There may be hope for you yet...

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

IIRC, he stopped trying when Radar left.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The problem with affordable housing is that the people didn't earn it so they aren't likely to take care of it.

If my area started putting in projects I'd simply move.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

The worst. Horrible breath as well.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That's not my experience. Most people in social housing look after it well.
    --- Post Merged, May 24, 2016 ---
    Way to paint with a broad brush.

In other news all gun owners are murderers.

18. sim667 macrumors 65816

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sorry bro, I don't think you have a real shot as Trump's VP but I will never fault you for trying.

20. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I see no one's come in to tell @sim667 that the OP made no prediction about the results and that the candidate who won is a former Green Party member whose anti-immigrant rhetoric is nearly as strong as the right-wing candidate's.

When you actually read the linked articles, you tend not to embarrass yourself.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Really? You must not have been involved in much property management.

22. sim667 macrumors 65816

Better to make a small slip of the tongue than an OP with racist undertones to try and make a point.....

23. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Their teeth are so yellow that when they yawn traffic slows down and so crooked they can eat corn off the cob through a picket fence.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Actually I'm on the board of directors of my HOA. I have a lot of experience. And you're painting with a broad brush.

Are a small minority of social housing tenants as bad as you say? Absolutely. Do the social housing provider and the courts do enough to remove those bad tenants? No way. What actually should you do with them? I'm not sure.

However forcing middle class people to deal with them isn't that bad as the middle class people actually attempt to deal with them by calling the cops and social services on them.

Besides they are the whole of societies mentally ill really.
    --- Post Merged, May 24, 2016 ---
    Imagine how bad American teeth must be - http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/british-teeth-arent-that-bad-american-teeth-are-far-worse/

25. FieldingMellish Suspended

Still trying to wrap my brain around that pictorial response.