Militia Group Plans To Target African-American Democrats At Polling Places In Wiscons

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Sep 21, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

More racist white people with guns just what american needs.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/09...rican-democrats-polling-places-wisconsin.html
    A militia group in Wisconsin is planning to target African-American Democrats at polling places in order to suppress the vote and keep Republican governor Scott Walker in office.
    A visit to the group’s Facebook page features makes it clear exactly who they are targeting. All of the pictures on the page feature African-Americans. The group is trying to get African-Americans who may have outstanding warrants arrested in order to keep them from voting. The group wants people to report those they suspect of having warrants out on them to the police on election day, “Do the community a favor and keep an eye out for people wanted on warrants and report them to the police on election day.”

[​IMG]

2. wargamer6 macrumors member

3. steve knight, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Militia Group Plans To Target African-American Democrats At Polling Places In...

Sorry wrong category flagged it so it can be moved

4. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

White racists? Is that comment really necessary?

More importantly- voting does not matter outside of the local level town hall type things. When people get this through their thick heads then maybe we can change some things in this country.

5. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

They are targeting black voters that's pretty racist

6. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Yeah I read a bit further (my mistake earlier) and saw that.

I retract that part of my previous statement, but the more important part still absolutely stands.

7. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Yes but the idea that they want to do it is the issue. There is no real voter fraud going on.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

9. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Ugh, those blasted "New Black Panthers" have done nothing but sully the name of a legitimate organization which they have absolutely no connection to. Seriously, the real Black Panthers have openly denounced them.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

would you admit the same of the militia above if other militias denounced them?

11. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

What are you even talking about?

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

try the thread topic.

13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

You're getting antsy because it says "Militia Group"? Is that the name of a specific milita group? If so, they should probably consider changing it to something less generic. Otherwise I don't see the problem here; If the author was trying to accuse ALL militias then they would have omitted the "group" part.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

not antsy at all, simply asked a question, I am not part of a militia

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Opening the door for a little old lady. How intimidating. That guy should be thrown in jail then executed.

:rolleyes:

16. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Except militia isn't the name of a group that they're using, it's the description of what they are. It'd be like asking "if other athletes denounced X racist, would you say the same thing". Two separate, different, things.

17. samiwas macrumors 65816

Really? You're comparing guys saying "we prefer our people be armed" and "I will not report Republicans, only Democrats" and "They have a 'look' about them" to what even your own link said was "limited to 'one dejected, unarmed' man" by a former SEAL who went out looking for such things?

18. Macky-Mac, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

gotta link to prove that? :p

well it was pretty much a classic post wasn't it.....a post about black panthers "oppressing" whites is pretty much inevitable in a thread like this one

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I have no problems with them at all, just remembered they made news for being at the polls.

thanks.

sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Huntn, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Actually (if accurately reported) that's completely racist. If they allow militia guns at or outside of a polling place it is completely self evident that our standards for freedom have been corrupted. Jim Crow, here we come. You know even in the good ole Wild West the progressive towns made cowboys check their guns at the sherrif's office cause a significant % of them (cowboys) were idiots. :-/

Isn't that is what this is all about? How would you describe it?

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

FROM LINK

Lord have mercy

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'd take a page out of Dog the Bounty Hunter's book and call them out to the police. They would have to be a licensed bounty hunter to go after someone with a warrant (although I freely admit that I don't know anything about citizen's arrest laws in Wisconsin). Otherwise, they may be violating that person's 4th amendment rights.

In short, they run the risk of making the arrest illegal, on top of the risk of having themselves arrested as well.

BL.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

they are not making the arrest, they are going to waste the cops time by pointing out people who MIGHT have arrest warrants, I am guessing their IQ is well below room temperature.

24. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

and they're going to be armed :p

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

lord have mercy.