Millenia Mall (Orlando) - iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by ScottNWDW, Sep 13, 2012.

1. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Anyone planning on attending the launch at the Millenia Mall in Orlando and do you think the newer expanded store will be open in time for the launch or will they try to do it in the smaller temporary store.

The newer expanded store has been behind wraps for several months now. I personally think it will be ready in time for the iPhone 5 launch.

I attended the iPhone 4 launch and had to wait in line over 8 hours just to get my "reserved" iPhone 4. A year later I visited the mall on the date the iPhone 4S came out and there was no line at all. In fact it was business as usual except for queue line stantions standing in front of the store and no one waiting in it.

Hopefully this time when I go to upgrade from the iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 the line will be like last year, meaning no line or wait.

2. Sputnek macrumors regular

I'm not really sure. Do you know what time we can start queuing in line? (Will the mall open a bit earlier than usual?

Thanks

3. ScottNWDW thread starter macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

The store is set to open at 8:00am, the mall usually opens it's doors I think around 7:30am so that mall employees can get into their locations and of course the mall walkers.

As for the Apple store itself, not sure if the new store will be open by that time or not. haven't seen or heard anything about when or if that would be ready. I think it was originally supposed to be, but at the temporary location they were not sure yet if they would be moving back to the new space in time.

4. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

They are EXTREMELY strict about nobody coming onto mall property until after 6:00 AM. Prior to that, security is at all parking lot entrances turning people away, so don't bother showing up until then. You'll be allowed to drive in at 6:00 over by the Macy's entrance on the back side of the mall. They let you line up outside until 7:00 AM, and then they'll bring you in to line up outside the Apple Store until they open at 8:00.

I personally really like the way they do it at Millennia, because you can show up at 6:00 AM and be at the front of the line without having to worry about camping overnight.

I will be there Friday morning, though. Very excited!

5. Sputnek macrumors regular

I agree that's much more civilized than other places. Thank you again for all the information.

6. Briantoy84 macrumors newbie

Updates

I heard on the news that due to the temporary location of the Apple Store on the 2nd floor, that the mall entrance is different, and will be opening at 7:00am to enter the mall.

Who's going? I am planning on it, but I'm worried its going to be a hundreds already there at 6AM.

7. ScottNWDW thread starter macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

At millennia now. The mall would not let anyone on site until 6:30am. Now lined up outside the mall entrance. About 100 people in line right now.