Millennia Mall - Orlando, FL

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Blueline29, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

After going through the launch last June here, I'm thinking this will probably be the way I go again. Yes, it would be a lot less hassle to have it shipped to my house, but it'd also be 100% more boring. :)

Anyone else planning on being at Millenia?

2. Ramsay2011 macrumors member

Not going to the mall as i stay in scotland but have been to the mall and love it for all the great stores was across back last october and in july there and visited both times apple store was mega busy both times couldn't get moving lol

3. TDPHunter macrumors member

TDPHunter

Waiting

Yeah,

Last year was a lot of fun. You get to meet new people and talk about Apple like a true fanboy. I won't be doing it this year but plan on waiting at least 6 hours.

4. reminis macrumors member

I will be there at 4:00am :) I work at Blue Martini till 3

5. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

Does anyone know if the process is the same as last year? It was kind of crazy since they didn't let anyone on the property till about an hour before they opened, everyone ended up racing in cars to the entrance. It was kind of a dangerous situation.

6. hisboyelroy macrumors member

hisboyelroy

I haven't seen any information about how the Millennia Mall will handle the 5s launch day this year either. I know that the store has moved slightly too so not even sure where they will want folks to line up. Still outside Macy's? I have seen that in the past, you weren't allowed in the parking lot until 5:00 am or 6:00 am. Anyone have any information on this?

7. cis4life macrumors regular

I'll thinking about it.

What did they do last year, and where did everyone hangout until security allowed everyone to line up?

What entrance did you all line up at last year?

8. levenhopper macrumors newbie

Anyone try going yet? I'm trying to decide whether to go to Millennia Mall or Florida Mall...

9. ericavi8tor macrumors newbie

Millennia still has a bunch of 5s. The local AT&T stores also have a lot of stock left. Bought a Space Gray 5s 32GB from the store near the FL mall.

10. laurasaur25 macrumors member

Anyone know if this store, or anywhere in Orlando really, has any gold 32 gb verizon models? I worked a ridiculous shift yesterday and couldn't get to the store. I don't want to be "that" person who calls and bugs all the stores.

11. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I went yesterday and had maybe 75-100 people in front of me. By the time I got my ticket there was one 64GB Gold on AT&T left. Very few silver.

Gold 5S on any carrier and any size will probably be limited for another few weeks.